LO's Eyes

xCherylx

Pregnant and Mum of 1
Reaction score
Jack still has blue eyes and I hope he keeps them as they are SO cute. :happydance:However I heard somewhere that they can change...when will this happen if they do?

Also when he was born he had a sticky left eye and he now gets this in both eyes. We have to bathe his eyes with water and cotton wool at least 8 times a day because he can't open them. At his 6 weeks check I mentioned this and the doctor said it is blocked tear ducts and could last upto a year! I was wondering if anyone else's LO had a sticky eye and how long it lasted ? :blush:

The eye color changes happen anywhere from 6-18 months. I hear light color eyes(blue or green) take longer to change then bron eyes

Me and OH both have blue eyes so I'm hoping my LO will too

My eyes were blue until I hit puberty. Then I think they must have changed because of the horomones or something, because now they're bright green! so you never know!!

Seth has really really dark blue eyes, you can barely see his pupils.

Also he has sticky eyes too. Both of them - we have to wash them a few times a day usually. I was told that it can last up to a year too, but if the whites of his eyes go any other colour then get him to a Dr because it could be an infection.

xxx

If you're breastfeeding, breast milk is apparently really good for clearing their eyes.

Sam's eyes are still blue too and I love them! Gorgeous and dark! OH and I both have brown eyes though (and no blue eyes in the family) so they're unlikely to stay that colour :( x

I had bright blue eyes when I was born. I still have them now. Just not as bright as they used to be. But still bright blue, everyone compliments me on how nice a colour they are. So maybe LO's eyes wont fade as much as you think, or change. :D Hope not, blue eyes are the best. :p

Bella has one sticky eye. The Dr. too said it was a blocked duct. She said to massage it with my ring finger, up towards the nose. My niece had a clogged duct for almost a year. Bella's eyes are already starting to turn brown. DH and I both have brown, but he has a nephew with blue and my mom has blue eyes, so I was kinda hoping for a dark haired blue eyed beauty, but a brown eyed beauty will do. :)

Liam has really bright blue eyes still and he's two. At his 4 month check up the doctor looked into his eyes with the light to check them as usual. He then said to us that he didn't see any specks of brown so he should be keeping the blue. We hadn't even asked, but I am thinking that there must be a lot of people that do.

Also, he had one plugged eye duct that stayed that way for about the 1st 10 months. My doctor kept telling us it should open by a year, but it was maddening. One day it just opened up on its own. I had checked into having it opened by an ophthalmologist, but it involved anesthesia which of course I didn't want to do unless absolutely necessary. Just use a warm water cotton ball to clear it out. It also helps to keep their little nose clear. Sometimes we'd massage the tear duct with our finger to help clear it up. Good luck!

My eyes were blue until I hit puberty. Then I think they must have changed because of the horomones or something, because now they're bright green! so you never know!!

My eyes also changed from blue to green once I was older. That's okay I love green eyes too!! :)

My son had dark blue eyes until about 1 year, and then they changed to hazel like mine... we really werent sure if they were gonna change or not, cause OH has bright blue eyes.

My friends baby had a blocked tear duct and it only lasted about 4-5 months.

I have blue eyes, and so does Oliver! Although his dad has brown eyes so i'm not sure if Oliver's will change, but i hope not as they really are beautiful! VanWest, I didnt realise they took that long to change colour! I was hopin Oli's eyes were gonna stay blue! Fingers crossed. Anyway, he had very sticky eyes when he was younger also. We got told it was blocked tear ducts and to keep cleaning with cotton wool and cooled boiled water but it just got worse. Doc gave him some drops in the end which did the trick but soon as we stopped using it they came back! I think it lasted til he was about 3months. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->