LOs having Gaviscon with milk feeds moving on to full fat milk

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Ok so Caitlin has half a tub of Cow & Gate left and has gaviscon with each bottle ...once tub is finished I'm moving her over to full fat milk :happydance: but does she still need the baby gaviscon?

x

Im not too sure but charlies on gaviscon too and what i would do is wean her off the gaviscon and see how she is if shes ok then just take her off it, i tryed weaning charlie off it now hes on solids but it didnt work he still has reflux quiet bad so i decided to keep giving each feed xx

Done that a couple of times & doesn't work ...I'm only hoping no gaviscon in full fat milk works :D

Done that a couple of times & doesn't work ...I'm only hoping no gaviscon in full fat milk works :D

ohno i hope it works for you, i keep hoping charlies reflux gets better im fed up with all the sick xxx

yep hun, keep up the gaviscon until the dr advises not to or you feel Caitlin doesnt need it:)

I recalled quack saying that I'd only need it til I moved over ...remembered what she said yesterday.

I think its different with different babies - at the end of the full fat milk is still runny, giving it plenty of opportunity to jump back out her mouth. If we don't use the gaviscon for one feed it makes no difference (granted we're not weaning/on solids yet) but more than 2 in a row and she's sick - we were told that she'd need it ongoing for a pretty long time.

Good luck hun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->