LO's Weight Gain

emmylou92

Hollie's Mammy
Reaction score
So midwife came round monday to do Hollie's heel prick test
(ever so proud of her she never even flinched) and te weighed her again and instead of loosing weight she has managed to put on 3oz.

Anyone else's LO pu weight on and not loose it?!

She's 6 days old, right? That sounds about right. Did she lose weight from her birth weight to the discharge weight in the hospital? My LO was 6lb13oz at birth, and 6lb 10oz when she was discharged from the hospital two days later, but then at her one week appointment had gained to 6lb 15 oz :)

Archie was 8lb9oz born, he was weighed again 2 days later i think, and he was 8lb10oz. He hadnt lost any lol. xx

Aww thats good :D Most lose some first I think. Let me check...
At 5 days old Noah was 5.5lb below birthweight
At 7 days old he was 2.5lb below birthweight
And at 10 days old he was 1.5lb above birthweight
So well done little lady! xxx

:D thats good!

Harriet never lost weight either, she was 8lb14.5oz at birth and was 9lb2 @ 5 days :) x

I think my daughter dropped 1 or 2oz, wasnt alot! I'll find out about Logan tomorrow :) He's got his heel prick test then too.

xoxox

i thought she wasnt getting enough from me and started getting upset thinking id have to FF but when midwife told me that i wasdead chuffed...she has chubby little cheeks now its lush she might acctualy fit her clothes soon :)

i finally found out appox how much she is getting per feed now...by pumping some of them ad giving her them in a bottle and its 3oz does that sound right?...she feeds at 10am 2pm 6pm 10pm 2am and 6am. so 18oz approx in 24 hr?

That sounds ok to me! I cant quite remember how much they're supposed to get at that age but I think Noah used to have 4oz about every 3 hours? xx

i finally found out appox how much she is getting per feed now...by pumping some of them ad giving her them in a bottle and its 3oz does that sound right?...she feeds at 10am 2pm 6pm 10pm 2am and 6am. so 18oz approx in 24 hr?

She will have more if she is hungry :) My sister was having 2oz ever 3/4 hours for atleast 2 months!!

When i changed archies milk he went from 7oz right down to 3oz for about 1/2 weeks the begining of this month. So i wouldnt worry about how much she is taking :) xxx

Yeah as long as she's gaining weight and having plenty of wet and dirty nappies I wouldnt worry :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->