Losing mucus plug at 28 weeks??

sassymrsbee

Reaction score
For the past few days I have been noticing a lot of mucusy discharge, and this morning it was quite a lot. I have also been having braxton hicks for weeks, but my Dr already knows this and is not concerned. The braxton hicks seem to have eased off the past few days, I have been really increasing my water intake so I think that helped.
But I am concerned about the mucus, I don't know if it is my plug or if it is just normal, but like I said this morning it was A LOT! Enough to scare me a bit. Its only yellowish white though, nothing bloody at all.
I have an appointment with my OBGYN next Tuesday, so a week from today. Should I just go ahead and keep that appointment and not worry until then, unless something starts to go wrong? Or should I schedule an appointment earlier?
I know that the mucus plug can regenerate, but everything I have read about that is more like around 34-37 weeks, when you are a lot closer to actually delivering. I have also read that losing your plug doesnt mean labor is coming soon, it could be days or even weeks. But for me, at 28 weeks, I still need at least 10 weeks of baby cooking!

What should I do? :(

I'm sure it's not serious as everyone is different. But it's worth checking with your dr :)

I was loosing alot of plug from 24weeks. And i mean lots. Doctors wasn't concerned. Then at 33weeks i had brown bloody plug and lots of that. Was admitted into hospital and told i could have my baby early at anytime. I am now 40weeks and nothing. So Dont worry xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->