Losing my mind over here! Help Please!

Sneakyblue442

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,
I desperately need your experienced opinions.
I keep good track on my cycles and they are regular within a day or two. Currently I am about 4-5 days late. I am on CD37 today and do not feel even like I am remotely close to getting my period.
We had unprotected sex tail end of my last period CD6 and unprotected on CD31 thinking we were in the safe zone being what should have been the day before my period that never came. We would like a third baby though we were holding off a couple more months to try. I don't know if my ovulation day has changed because i haven't been temping it since I had my youngest but previous to him I was and I was a later ovulator between CD16 and CD21 with a 29-32 length cycle. My new cycles are about two days longer now(not sure why that changed). Took a preg test yesterday at the doctors and this morning at home and both came up neg.
WTH?? This has never happened to me before.What could be going on??

Maybe your cycle is getting progressively longer?
Mine can range from 34-39. Very frustrating.
Take another test in a couple of days though.
Very good friend of mine had a negative test at the doctor and was indeed pg!
Good luck.

It's pretty freaky when your period is pretty regular all your life and then it starts sneaking up on you when you don't expect it, or doesn't show up when you do expect it.

I don't have a good guess about what's going on. Doesn't seem like the math would check out for pregnancy via sex on CD6 even if you ovulated uncharacteristically early. Pregnancy from sex on CD31 is more likely, say if you ovulated somewhat late. And would explain why a pregnancy test would come out negative, even if you were pregnant. Since it hasn't been 2 wks since conception.

Or maybe you're not preggy, but did ovulate late, and your period will come when it's good and ready. You mentioned you don't feel like your period is coming. Do you normally have PMS type symptoms? Have you changed your diet or exercise or some other aspect of your routine?

Yeah i know how you feel hun, mines been messing about too over the last few months, maybe its an age thing i dunno, maybe its the extra weight i've put on (cos i got a lot more regular when i lost weight before)
I was having pretty spot on 31 day cycles, which was very handy because at one point my CD was timed exactly with the date i.e. i was on cd14 on the 14th day of the month ha! Anyway, thats long gone awry, i've had, 37 day cycles, 42 day cycles and 28 day cycles and even a 24 day cycle last month. Gives one an ominous feeling!
However, i ovulate late quite often, (guess my old eggs have a tougher job getting out these days!) and naturally that explains the longer cycles, and i spose the shorter ones i O'd early!
It's quite likely you O' late, like LuckyW said, and have a bit longer to wait for AF, and is possible with day 31 BD you may well have hit the mark, as frustrating as it is hun, you're just gonna have to wait it out.
Thinking of you though, and i'm kinda in the same boat as you waiting for AF/BFP. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->