Losing supply?

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies, so this Saturday will be 9 months nursing my little guy. It's super exciting for me because my DS1 stopped nursing at 9 months and I can't see that happening with DS2. Anyways, I've noticed that I no longer get engorged and most of the time I'm squeezing my nipple just to see if there is anything in there! He nurses 4-5 times a day still and sleeps 12-13 hours straight every night. Months ago my breasts would become engorged over night maybe even leak. I haven't even had to use breast pads in over a month now.

I am working out and losing weight but I do watch my calories and make sure I eat enough as well as drink enough water. But is this just normal when you've been nursing for awhile? I just really don't want to lose my supply.

It's very normal to feel less engorged as LO is older. It just means your supply has regulated. It doesn't mean your supply has decreased. However, it could also be normal (and unproblematic) for your supply to have decreased if LO is eating more solids and therefore relying less on breastmilk. Less demand = less supply. It's not a problem as long as LO is not getting dehydrated. Keep offering frequently (probably still before giving solids at this age if you want to BF long term) and keep nursing on demand, and if LO needs more milk, your supply will increase again to meet his needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->