Losing too much weight all of a sudden??

ClaireLouise

Reaction score
Hi girls.

Im sorry for posting this here, i know most of you here are actually trying to lose the baby weight and maybe dont want to read about someone moaning about losing too much but i just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar experience. :blush:

Im 27, 5ft 4.5", and have always had a small frame.

Before i got pregnant i always weighed abour 8st6lb and a size 10.

I went up to just over 10st at the end of my pregnancy - size 12.

I did have undiagnosed HELLP syndrome and was anaemic (still feel anaemic but hate iron tablets).

18 months after Marley was born i was back at my pre-pregnancy weight (and a tight size 10), but another 6 months have passed and now i weigh 7st10lbs and im almost in a size 8. I have not weighed anything near that since i was 19.

Is this normal? I eat normally (prob should eat more fruit & veg :blush:), but nothing to excess, iv been back on the Cilest pill since July (which i used to take before i got pregnant).

Am i worrying too much? :shrug: I suppose everyone gets stressed now and again too :shrug: Just a few of my friends have mentioned that im looking thinner as had my MIL, and i dont want to look like a twiglet :nope:

Any kind of advice or words of experience thank you (before i slip into oblivion haha) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs:

I was that same height/weight in my early 20's. It sounds like you've been undereating. Remember that as we age (I'm 27 too), we start to lose muscle mass and are at risk of bone density problems. It's okay to be slim/lean but when we dip below a healthy BMI (which you are starting to do), then it's time to track our food intake and ensure we are getting the minimum healthy amounts. You are clinically underweight with a BMI of 16.3 (16 and below is actually considered "anorexic" - obviously not a diagnosis but it becomes a serious health risk).

That, combined with your anemia, is going to put you at some health risks. I had anemia as well, boy, this is like talking to a mirror haha! Is there any way to be referred to a registered dietician? More food combined with some exercise will help reverse any damage, prevent future damage, and have you feeling fantastic, lean, but also healthy :)

I agree with Aliss...you need to start by keeping track of how many calories you're consuming to make sure it's enough. If you are consuming a healthy amount and still losing, or if you are losing weight rapidly/suddenly, then you should see a doctor as it could be an underlying medical issue.

Thanks girls.

I went into Boots and weighed myself on their that calculate your body fat too. Heres the results:-

Weight: 7st 12lb
Height: 5' 4.6"
BMI: 18.6
Bodyfat: 28%

Im actually due at my Drs tmoz for my yearly smear so i could bring it up then.

Thanks girls, I may take a note of what im eating, i may not be getting the right amount of nutrients or something.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry I miscalculated your weight (I had you at 98lbs oops). 110 is low but not unhealthy. It sounds like you might be deficient in some nutrients and just a few hundred calories a day :) Lots of iron (kale, spinach, ground beef) etc. will help. Good luck with the doc!

No experience as im one of the people on the opposite end of the scale :haha:

I've found tracking what i eat is working wonders for losing weight (or gaining/keeping track of!). Ive been using the site thats in my weight loss ticker and its helped so much because i basically type in what ive had and it finds the food and calculates everything and displays it so i can see exactly where i went wrong/did well. It tells you when you dont have enough too.

Yeah, it's dangerous.
That's because the joints get weak, and the whole body is put to an extreme effort. Maybe some medical tests are required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->