Losing Weight while TTC?

N

nicholatmn

Hello! I'm new to this part of the board. Mainly because I just realized that after a year of TTC and getting bigger pants for bloat... that the bloat just grew into fat. I gained 30lbs... which is like 2 stone. I went from a size 2 (in America) to a size 10!
My body is very happy at 130lbs but now I weigh 160lbs and my body structure HATES fat... and it's mostly in my stomach. I have hypothyroidism so I've never been able to keep fat off...

My question is... what can I do to lose weight fast while TTC? I would start running again but I stopped from sudden weigh gain and hurt my knee to the point where I needed surgery. So anything involving bending my knee won't work...
And I'm in my TWW... would it effect anything if I started now?

Thank you!
xx

hi,
just wondering how tall you are because im kinda going through the same thing. i was 130 and put on some pills for adenomyosis and it made me gain like 15 lbs. im not at 145 maybe 150 not sure but i was in a size 5-7 now im in a size 11( u.s size). i would say just walk as much as you can, do sit ups with a weight ball and watch what you eat. you can google different things to do to loose weight. its the hardest thing to think of for me is gaining more weight if i do get pregnant another lets just say 30 more lbs on top of what i weigh now...... plus i heard when you loose weight and get more healthy you get preg. faster...

hi,
just wondering how tall you are because im kinda going through the same thing. i was 130 and put on some pills for adenomyosis and it made me gain like 15 lbs. im not at 145 maybe 150 not sure but i was in a size 5-7 now im in a size 11( u.s size). i would say just walk as much as you can, do sit ups with a weight ball and watch what you eat. you can google different things to do to loose weight. its the hardest thing to think of for me is gaining more weight if i do get pregnant another lets just say 30 more lbs on top of what i weigh now...... plus i heard when you loose weight and get more healthy you get preg. faster...

I am 5'7"
I do know about the getting pregnant faster thing, although I don't have a problem getting pregnant. It's just staying pregnant. The doctors say I'm fine at my weight and my BMI is about 23% (I have much muscle) and it shouldn't effect the pregnancy, but I feel bad for OH since I've gained all this weight.
I will try the walking. I try the sit ups like that, but it still pulls at my knee which actually keeps getting injured when I do things like that.
And thank you. :)

oh ok then ya i would just try the walking thing just to stay healthy then at 5'7 thats not to bad. and good luck to you.... im going to try to loose weight so hopefully it helps me get prego fast.

oh ok then ya i would just try the walking thing just to stay healthy then at 5'7 thats not to bad. and good luck to you.... im going to try to loose weight so hopefully it helps me get prego fast.

Good luck! and I saw your photo on your profile! You don't look like you're at a weight where it would effect you getting pregnant! You look like you're at a great weight hun!

aww thanx but i think it might have something to do with it and im not so healthy so if i get in better shape i will have a better chance and better chance at loosing baby weight when it happens! im a little chubby for my height....... keep me posted

I want to show what one month of no exercise at all can do for a girl lol

Here I was a year ago and a month ago...

drum roll please.

and here I am now!
FUCK YEAH!! lol!

I have no idea my weight right now. I threw away the scale. Seriously. lol

Here's another. lol I'm so excited. I didn't realize until I actually put on some jeans and took a photo! :D
All I did was cut back on coffee. Seriously.

So what did you do to loose weight? I got my IUD removed and it whacked out my hormones and I was eating like I was pregnant. I can't think about going on a diet cause I am worried about the whole TTC process. I need to get out of the mind set that oh ill be pregnant and fat soon so this weight I am gaining now doesn't matter lol! So I need something easy so tell me how you did it!!! Please!!!

So what did you do to loose weight? I got my IUD removed and it whacked out my hormones and I was eating like I was pregnant. I can't think about going on a diet cause I am worried about the whole TTC process. I need to get out of the mind set that oh ill be pregnant and fat soon so this weight I am gaining now doesn't matter lol! So I need something easy so tell me how you did it!!! Please!!!

I did nothing! I think I did one workout one day. I gave up coffee and it sort of slipped away from me!
and the workout was 25 crunches and 25 squats and that's it.
And during AF, I rearranged everything in the house. lol

That's pretty fantastic, hun! WOW! I don't have much for before and after pics, I guess... Lots of afters... but they're not the end of my journey to weight loss... just the current bend in the road. I'm down about 62 lbs since March. It's not fantastic, but it'll do! :)

You really look wonderful though! Congrats!!!

Thank you. :)
And 62? Wow! That's a lot! I wish I could do that!

No, you don't! You wouldn't exist anymore, sweets! LOL You don't have 62 lbs to spare! :rofl:

lol! Maybe not. But I wish I could fit in my old jeans. My boobs and part of my stomach are gone now! :rofl:
Maybe I can squish my body into fat transfer. lol

I never had seen your TTC weight loss thread before...so I wanted to tell you congrats on getting it off! Its nice when you notice a difference eh?

And Meg 62 lbs is an AWESOME loss no matter HOW long it takes to do...purely because it is so hard to do PERIOD.
I will happy to tell people about 62lbs gone...means I'm halfway to my goal

And Meg 62 lbs is an AWESOME loss no matter HOW long it takes to do...purely because it is so hard to do PERIOD.
I will happy to tell people about 62lbs gone...means I'm halfway to my goal

I told her that was amazing! That is quite a lot to lose in that short amount of time. She should be very proud. :)

I'm sure she is :) I was proud of my 10lbs even though i keep yo yo-ing on 3 lbs here lately. I need to get in the gym and get those 3lbs to STOP

I'm sure she is :) I was proud of my 10lbs even though i keep yo yo-ing on 3 lbs here lately. I need to get in the gym and get those 3lbs to STOP

lol I'm bloating so my stomach doesn't look like the picture right now. I should probably go to the gym so my stomach will look like that when I bloat. :haha:

And 3lbs isn't much of a difference. I don't rely on weight much anymore. Just appearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->