Losing weight??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm 33 weeks and I've been steadily gaining weight through this pregnancy but the last couple of weeks my weight stayed steady, and now I've lost a couple of pounds. It's not lots but there's no good reason for it?? I've got a growth scan this afternoon and just wondering if I should push my consultant on it?!?

This is my graph of weight gain so far

image.jpg

I've been losing weight this trimester as well. At my appointment yesterday, I was down 3 pounds since last month. I mentioned it to my midwife, and she wasn't too concerned. She said that this can happen in the third trimester. Your body is doing more for the baby, so sometimes you lose weight. But she measured me and I was measuring fine.
I'd bring it up if you are concerned. My midwife said the only weight loss to be concerned about would be something like 10 lbs in a month. But that a few aren't a big problem.

At my last appointment I had dropped a few pounds as well but my doctor didn't seem concerned about it and I was still measuring right on track. If you're still concerned it doesn't hurt to ask your doctor about it :)

I think as long as you're measuring to your dates, they don't worry about a few pounds lost. I lost a couple pounds at my last appointment, but my fundal height was spot on. Doctor didn't say a thing. I think it's more common than we think!

Also it can be the difference of emptying your bowels or not!!

Thank you ladies! Well my consultant said it wasn't anything to worry about. She asked about my eating habits and I said the last few weeks I can't eat a lot in one go so I'm eating little and often and she says that's the best way to lose weight!! So I'll be trying that in a couple of months time ;)

I've also lost weight due to having a smaller appetite I believe. Only about a kilo or so, not so much that it should be something to worry about.

I'm almost 30 weeks and am still comfortably in my pre pregnancy jeans. My last 2 pregnancies I put on loads of weight. I'm a size 16 so I'm not too worried about baby getting what it needs. I still eat properly and regularly but my portions are a lot smaller, only just a bit bigger than my 4YO eats. I just can't face any more than that on my plate.

Whenever I see my obstetrician for prenatal checkups, it always seems to be on a bunged up day (if you know what I mean) so my weight goes up by a bit. :rofl::rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->