Loss of symptoms at 9 weeks

R

Rose1978

Ok, so I know there are often lots of threads like this but I think maybe I need to vent my worries so if you read this, thank you!

I'm just over 9 weeks and for the last 3 weeks have had terrible nausea pretty much constantly but since Friday evening it seems to have disappeared. My scan's not for another 3 weeks, I can't go to Epu as I don't have any "physical" symptoms and I've now got myself in such a state that I don't know what to do.

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks 18 months ago and now I'm terrified that it's going to happen again even though this pregnancy has been massively different. I've convinced myself that if I don't miscarry then when I finally get my 12 week scan there'll be no heartbeat. I spent all of yesterday Googling and like a fool have done the same this morning. I know nobody here can tell me what's going on but I just need some reassurance if possible (and a vent/rant). My bf's useless as he thinks the odds are so in our favour then why am I worrying but he's not in my head which is torturing me at the moment. Have anybody else's symptoms disappeared only for everything to be ok? I never thought I'd be this desperate to feel sick!

((hugs)) PAL is tough.
My nausea kind of disappeared at 9 weeks as well and I FREAKED. They came back a few days later, much lighter, and more on and off. Scans all showed growth and we had our 12 week NT scan last week.
Around 9 weeks is normal for symptoms to start getting lighter. Try not to worry about it Hun <3 The odds ARE in your favor!
Try to remind yourself all the time of the differences, and why this one will end differently. That helps realize each pregnancy and baby is different.
Massive hugs :hugs:

i totally understand you...all of my symptoms went away early on an I totally freaked out. I figured it is one thing to never have had them, but It is probably bad to have them and then one day wake up and be all normal agIn right? Well, wrong. Mine just never came back. i am 31weeks pregnant, and just now starting to feel tieed and not so confortable, but even that is not a proper symptom, just big bump.
I know that the worst thing to tell you right now is enjoy feeling well... I couldnt enjoy dreading the worst is to come. Sooooo I had blood work taken every 72 hrs (one test, 72 hrs later another and 72 hrs another), to make sure progeseterone and hcG were rising (i was actually in the lower range, but just to see the increments eased my mind). After that, i got to see the HB and since then I dont worry as bad.
Hope this helps :hugs:

Last pregnancy my symptoms came and went with no rhyme or reason. I was terrified for the first trimester, all of it. I clearly wasn't sick enough, my nausea would ramp up one day, and be completely gone the next. I was a wreck.

However, two years later, my rainbow baby (that pregnancy) is currently watching Frozen and giggling at Olaf, so...try not to stress.

The majority of women who miscarry go on to have normal pregnancies afterwards.

Thank you lovely ladies for your comments.
Aaaargh, I still don't feel sick and have had the worst headache I've had in months today which worries me as since the bfp my frequent headaches had magically disappeared. This is hard. Very hard. I am a hormonal wreck though which I'm hoping a good sign and there might be the teensiest bit of queasiness although that could just be in my head. I need to be more positive, I'm just so so scared. Sorry for moaning. Again.

I've lost my sickness too the last few days. I still feel extremely tired though and more hungry than usual but no queasiness. I'm trying not to stress but having not had a scan so far I've no idea if there's anything there or if there's a heart beat and I'm just finding the whole thing quite stressful. I was exactly the same with dd the whole time and I remember symptoms coming and going with her and shes now a healthy and strong little 2 year old now so just got to sit tight till the scan and hope for the best. Thing is we have absolutely no control over what will be, be it positive or negative, so what's the point in worrying, that's what I'm trying to think anyway!

I had this same worry a week and a half ago. At 9 weeks my symptoms went away. I only had slightly sore boobs and food aversions as symptoms, so I freaked out. I thought about paying for a private scan, but I had had one at 7 weeks because of something else I freaked out about, so I thought spending the money would be a waste because I would feel relieve for 2 or 3 days, and then would start to worry all over again. So I decided to buy a doppler (next day delivery) in the hopes that I would be able to catch the hb. Gladly I was! It was very difficult and the first time it took me over 40 minutes to find it, but I did. Now, every time I feel insecure, I try to find it. Sometimes I can't, so I give it a couple of hours and try again and eventually I find it. I saw a lot of tutorials on youtube to be able to find it so early, and also to learn how to differentiate the different sounds (you will hear at least two other sounds that you might mistake for your baby's hb). I'm sure everything is fine, it's just the placenta taking over :)

Like Nina mine also went away for a few days at 9 weeks and then came back more mild and on and off rather than just on all the time. I think its common for symptoms to start getting better around that time. I was worried too, but scan at 9+5 showed everything fine. And I know what you mean...The scan makes you feel great for a couple days and then the worry is back. :hugs:

I had 24/7 mild nausea from 6+2 till end of week 8. Then it went away and I would feel maybe an occasional mild wave of nausea here and there but that's it. I freaked too thinking something was wrong. I'm 17 weeks now and everything has gone well as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->