Lost

sailorsgirl

Family of 5
Reaction score
I am completely lost.

In August 2015 we suffered what we thought was a second trimester loss. At my 17 week routine appointment my midwife couldn't find my baby's heart beat. We had already had scans at 8 and 12 weeks and everything was perfect. So we were sent to the hospital to check for our baby's heart beat.
When the doctor couldn't find it we were sent for a scan. In the scam we were informed that our baby had died recently. I should have been 17 weeks.
I was given a pill to kill my placenta then I was induced 2 days later. At 4.05pm I delivered my tiny baby. We had an hour together.
Three days ago we attended our baby girls funeral. We had named her Leila and it was a beautiful service coordinated by our hospital. And two days ago we collected her ashes.
Today I received a letter telling me that the diagnosis had been wrong. Leila had in fact died at 12 weeks making it an early miscarriage. As a result there would be no further testing.
This is now our third early miscarraige. All we keep being told is, "this is normal" and "you already have two children so you have no problem" this is hard to stomach.
My husband has told me he won't keep trying, maybe we can try once more in a few years but only if we can get answers first. I understand where he is coming from but I still want my baby. I am not ready to give up on that yet.
Has anyone been through anything similar and gone on to have a healthy pregnancy?

Xx

I dont understand how 12 weeks is early..
To me thats so upsetting
Early miscarriages are to me 5 weeks 6 weeks
Not at all 12 weeks..
Its no longer a embryo then its a baby

Im not undermining miscarriages at 5 weeks as there all painful but i cant imagine ur heartache

I thought even if someone had 2 missed miscarriages thet eould do testing evem if it was 9 weeks or 10 or 11

What stage were your other lossess

Hugw hugs im so sorry for ur loss xx

First of all I'm so sorry for your loss and that they're refusing to do any testing. :hugs:

Don't know if this helps at all, but my angel died at 14 weeks and so we had all the testing done and we still don't know anything - he died because he was sick and hsome of his organs weren't formed correctly but they don't know why. Testing revealed that his chromosomes were normal.

They couldn't even tell us if what happened was a random occurance or likely to happen again. But I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant with another boy and they have examined him thoroughly and he looks to be in perfect health, so there is hope even when no answers are to be found.

If regular doctors won't test you there is always the option of going to a naturopathic doctor for testing, though of course it can get pricey.

Again so sorry you're going through this. There are several ladies who have had multiple losses and went on to have healthy babies and I hope your rainbow is just around the corner too. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->