lots of night feedings...advice on how to lessen the amount

fashionlover

Reaction score
My 4 month old and I have been co sleeping from day 1. She is a particularly hungry baby, more so at night. I start the night off feeding her to sleep then placing her in the rock n play which she will soon be too big for. After about 3-4 hours she wimpers and I put her in bed with me. After which she wants to feed every 45 minutes to an hour. I Have tried getting her used to crib by letting her nap in it during the day. She hates it! Any advice on how to gently transition and lessen night feeds?

4 months is still pretty young at this point I'd just let her feed as much as possible! 6 months when you introduce solids it may get better :) my son still nurses at least 3x a night but it was about every 45 mins before solids although it didn't get noticeably better until around 10 or so months. I know it's rough but it gets better and you get used to it especially if you Co sleep! It'll be a skill before ya know it ;)

Maybe you can try cluster feeding her before she goes down for the night? My LO eats every hour, sometimes every 45 mins, before she goes down for the night. she still wakes up 3-4 times a night but at least it's not every 45 mins. That's brutal!

I'd like an answer to this too!! My dd is just over six months and wakes every hour or so some nights. We can have good nights of two hours between feeds but I'm working and this is killing me!!

Someone in work did suggest putting something that you've been wearing in the cot with the baby so that they can smell you in the night. I've been using a muslin but don't know that this smells of me so much anymore - will try something like a vest top or bra now tonight!

I'd like an answer to this too!! My dd is just over six months and wakes every hour or so some nights. We can have good nights of two hours between feeds but I'm working and this is killing me!!

Someone in work did suggest putting something that you've been wearing in the cot with the baby so that they can smell you in the night. I've been using a muslin but don't know that this smells of me so much anymore - will try something like a vest top or bra now tonight!

Let me know how that worked for you? I also read something in a book about putting something that smells of you in the crib

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->