• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

lots of questions!

dentbed

DH
Reaction score
So, you'd think I had this all figured out with 2 kids already...

I'm newly pregnant with #3, I'm 35, will be 36 when #3 is due.

I called today to schedule my first prenatal appt, but they don't want to see me until 8 weeks! With my previous 2 at the same obgyn, I had already had my first prenatal and the separate appointment for a dating ultrasound by 8 weeks.

I expected at least the same timing of being seen by my same practice (only 1 dr), if not sooner because of my age. Are my expectations off? I don't want the office to delay my prenatal screenings and, in my opinion, not starting the first appointment until 8 weeks is already in the wrong direction. Am I overreacting?

I also can't get my endocrinologist (for hypothyroidism) to see me until I'll be 9.5 weeks. When pregnant, aren't we supposed to get tested early and often? Should I call the OB to try and get an earlier appointment because I can't get an Endo appointment?

Thanks all!

I'm in the UK, last year when I was pregnant I got seen at around 6weeks by the mw (we don't get scans til 12 weeks though unless we are unsure on our last af date) whereas this time round they said I wouldn't see a mw til after 8 weeks.

I think its just changed. Although if your concerned about your age or any other 'issue' I'd let your OB know and ask why you won't be seeing them :) x

I wasn't seen until 10 weeks. No Endo test. No scan until 20 weeks. I am in Canada.

You are probably best to ask your OB's office for clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->