Lots of questions

ArielK

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New here, and new to being pregnant. This is my first pregnancy/baby, so I have absolutely no idea what's going on really, I've only got what people go on because I tend to be wary about what doctors tell me sometimes. I only found out for sure this past Monday after being a bit late on my period. I took a test on Sunday, and went to the doctor Monday after it was positive to find out it wasn't a false positive. Needless to say I was really excited, though my husband is panicking a bit. (It's kind of cute)

Anyway, I've got about a thousand questions, but I'll try to limit them some.

Cramps, first off. The doctor said those were normal, but she never said how bad they'd be. I've not had really bad ones so far, but how long will they last?

Also hormones... How early do the (as my husband put it) crazy hormones start? I'm already experiencing some really odd mood swings (like crying over some chocolate that was dropped) but someone told me it was too early for hormones to start? Or maybe they just said it was a bit odd, not really sure. I'm about a month along now (best guess until I can get to the OB anyway).

I'm also a bit worried about morning sickness. I've not had any, but someone told me that if I don't have morning sickness it means the baby isn't healthy? Needless to say that really worried me but I'm not too far along yet either, and when I looked it up it said it could start from anywhere between two and six weeks... But does morning sickness have anything to do with the baby being healthy? Or is that just an old wives tale?

Anyway, sorry about the questions barrage! I probably have a ton more but those are the ones that I can think of right now. Like I said earlier, this is my first pregnancy and I'm still trying to figure a lot of things out without driving everyone insane with questions. haha.

Congratulations on your bfp, who ever told you no morning sickness means unhealthy baby is wrong I had hardly any morning sickness at all with my little boy and he is now a healthy 2yr old, cramping feels similar to af type cramps for me they shouldn't be unbearable but can get pretty uncomfortable, and your hormones can start pretty soon I'm super moody I'm even getting on my own nerves, try and just enjoy your pregnancy and try not worry too much x

Don't u just love all the 'helpful ' pregnancy advice people give you!!! No morning sickness has no indication about how the baby is developing. Some people get it terribly and still sadly miscarry, some have none at all and have a perfect pregnancy. However, obviously it can show that the baby is developing well as ur hormone levels are high enough to make you sick, but moth having it means nothing either. Mine started at 4 wks with our first, I'm currently 6 weeks 3 days and the nausea really kicked in at 6 wks, but it's nowhere as near as bad as last time. Cramps are normal, ur body is gearing up to grow a lot and a lot of it is just ligament pain. If it's accompanied by bleeding its worth getting checked up, or if the cramps are serve then maybe see ur dr to be safe. And as for the hormones, I guess they can start as soon as u get a bfp, as then there's enough hcg in ur body to be affecting you. Last pregnancy I didn't get emotional till right near the end, this time round iv been crying at silly things too and my partner has a pet monster name for me as iv been pretty grumpy. Lol. I guess it's not much of an answer but really things can start at any point, all pregnancies are different. Hope ur one of the lucky ones that sails through it!

Congratulations !!!

Awesome thank you guys! And yeah some of the advice I've been given only makes me worry more! Some of it is really helpful, and I love all the stories I've been getting from family and friends that have gone through it. The doctor told me that the cramping was just the ligaments and what not but that it was normal for the first few weeks, but they never said how long it'd last for sure.

I've been pretty emotional off and on for a few days now, but it's been worse just today. My moods have gone up and down like crazy, but right now I'm just really amused for no real reason haha.

I know doctors can be frustrating and vague sometimes but I would go with what my doctor says and not what random people say (esp. on the Internet! Yes, I realize that includes me!). There is so much misinformation out there. It is best to trust the advice of someone who has the education and experience to back up their claims.

Having said that, I agree with pp. MS has nothing to do with the health of your baby, nor do cramps or any other symptom. Unfortunately there is no straight forward answer for you since pregnancy affects every woman differently. And no two pregnancies are alike--even in the same woman! I'm on #2 and I'm finding this pregnancy quite different than my last. Sorry I can't be of more help.

In my experiance your first pregnancy is always the 'craziest' i remember and this was 7 years ago now, that i literally cried and laughed at the same time (this was before i even got my bfp) and remember thinking what the hell, then after BFP yep crying over silly little things.

Remember first time your body has no idea what is going on, as in it knows your growing a baby, but doesn't quite know how to handle the hormones/changes ;)

Enjoy the ride ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->