Lotus birth!?

I have to say cut cords (as in the cord stump left on baby) make me feel a bit sick, so a whole placenta would make me feel really sick. I have seen mine too and they dont look good due to the clotting disorders, they are already a black colour when they come out so it really doesnt appeal.

However I can relate to why people would feel sensitive about their placenta because it is due to that organ, that their little one made it. I sorta hated mine cos my two girls died in part due to it.

that makes sense:) i guess i never felt that attachment because i never got a chance to see mine, the docs just seemed to discard them quite quickly after.

:hugs: Tasha

That definitely does make sense for sure <3

but people are saying the placenta is gross, not the baby or the mother. are people that sensitive about their placentas?

I personally have no issues with any organ, bodily fluid, bodily function etc. (being in med helps on that front). However the idea of having a partially rotten/partially fixed organ still attached to my newborn baby isn't my ideal. But that's just me.

I guess to me the difference between the whole organ and a cut open part of that organ isn't much different on the 'ick' factor. Either way, you have a dying piece of flesh. :shrug: If it's true that the lotus birth makes it fall off faster, then that's definitely what I'm doing next time. My son's took FOR.EV.ER. I think I'd need to do it at a different hospital or at home, though. I asked for a delayed clamping and she said I couldn't hold the baby until the cord was cut "because the blood would rush out of my baby's body and into the placenta". DH didn't like the way she was holding DS, so he told her to "just clip the damn thing". No delayed clamping for me. Or pretty much anything else she'd previously agreed to in my birth plan.

I can't believe they wouldn't let you hold your own baby until they cut the cord! That's ridiculous! I've never heard of that explanation either -- it sounds like rubbish. I caught my baby and held her until the cord stopped pulsing and DH cut it.

I can totally understand being grossed out by the placenta. I wasn't that grossed out by mine (only enough so to prevent me from wanting to eat it), but my apartment looked like a horror show anyway after DD's birth. A placenta was the least of my concerns when I had a bathtub full of blood sitting in the living room and blood on the walls of the bathroom. :haha: In the extremely slim almost 0% chance that we have another, I would do a lotus birth though, and DH is oddly fine with it. :shrug:

good for you for doung a home water birth:) i woyld LOVE to do a water birth, but one in a hospital. unfortunately they dont let it in my hospital, infact they have like one tub for the whole maternity floor!

Thankfully the hospitals in my area all have tubs, but they're not guaranteed and some of them make you get out before you actually have your baby. I'm not exactly sure why!

is it a canadian thing? because i live in canada too, and with my first i was in the tub to progress labor, it was wonderful, but they made me get out when i was seven cm:-(

is it a canadian thing? because i live in canada too, and with my first i was in the tub to progress labor, it was wonderful, but they made me get out when i was seven cm:-(

That's rubbish! I wonder why they did that! Then again I wonder why some hospitals do half the stuff they do!

I gave birth fully in the water and. My baby was still in his sack of waters :) they popped after he was born. Was amazing!

Don't EVEN get me started on the tubs at hospitals here :hissy: I wanted to go in one SO bad, while I was in labour the shower really helped and I hand on heart felt that the tub would help ease the pain ha ha ha.

There only was one at my hospital and it was occupied by someone else the entire time I was in labour. :haha: I only snapped at my labour nurses once... that was after 6 hours of being told that the same woman was in the tub. I got really angry and told them rather than updating me every hour that the same woman was still in there... to inform me once it was free! :rofl:

Never got in it though. :rofl:

That's rubbish! I wonder why they did that! Then again I wonder why some hospitals do half the stuff they do!

I gave birth fully in the water and. My baby was still in his sack of waters :) they popped after he was born. Was amazing!

that does sound amazing, unfortunately im gbs positive so ill be hooked up to an iv the whole time this time:-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->