Love at first sight?

Deise

Reaction score
So Im watching a baby show on TV and they're talking about being in love with the baby the moment he/she comes out. Hmmm..I must admit, it took me about a day before I actually felt like Kiki was all mine ... Dont get me wrong, I wasnt all detached or anything, but it definitely wasnt such an overwhelming emotion for me right away...And I would jump into fire for her at this point!

I must say the same...I thought it was because I had a c-section though and because it was all a shock as he wasn't due etc... Especially because I was bed bound for his first night and when he cried I couldn't pick him up which was heartbreaking! In a way I still have the problem that I don't feel he is mine because my mum does everything for me/for him. Like she choses what he will wear and gets it out, gets the bottles ready when I am more the capable...and things like this. Because she recently had a miscarriage I feel like I can't tell her to leave him, and because I am her only child when she was 17 maybe she feels like she missed out... I dunno! Sorry to ramble... XD

I knew I loved her more than anything, but she got to spend so much time in other people's arms rather than my own that it felt like I was just a vessel for bringing a baby out to the world.
Since my recovery was pure shit, it wasn't only until we got home that I got to spend alone time with her and completely fall in love.

im the oppositte i fell in love straight away, dont know why but i just couldnt stop crying i didnt sleep cos i kept checking he was still breathing..... I had a c-section too and dont think that it got anything to do with it. x

i also fell in love with riley straight away i couldnt stop crying the midwife kept asking me what was wrong loll duh!! i also couldnt sleep either stills sit and watch him 4 hours

I just felt so many emotions at once that I didn't know what to think. After all the family left and we got to spend the night alone with our baby is when I finally became really attached.

I absolutely fell in love with her at first sight - so much so that it cured my depression in an instant! I am overwhelmed by how perfect she is and how perfect the love I feel for her is - There's nothing else like it :cloud9:

I didn't fall in love with her right away either. It was a very bizarre feeling. I didn't quite get that she was mine. It wasn't until we came home that I really felt she was mine.

I was so in shock from my quick labour that they put her on me and I cried for someone else to take her because I was shaking and didn't want to hurt her.. I was really confused for ages. I think it took me a couple of hours.

Fell in love right away, and already have pretty intense mama bear feelings ;)

Grr...

:cloud9:

I felt quite strange for the first couple of days. Really in shock I guess. When he was put on my belly right after he was born & the midwife told me to dry him, I could hardly move. I just was starring at him. I think I loved him right from the start but it's deffinatly grown stronger with each passing day.

For me it was most deffinetly love at first sight, I cannot even put it into words, but I was crying and couldnt stop...I just wanted to hold him, and didn't want him out of my view for even a second. I also had a c-section, I really don't think that it has anything to do with it.

With my first it took me a couple of days as i had an emergency c-section and had the shittest recovery ever. But like others say when i took her home the love just came straight away.

With my second i feel in love instantly, maybe because i longed for her so much and it was planned also i knew what i was doing this time and more mature.BUt i just fell in love and didnt sleep for 3 days incase she stopped breathing.

well, I was astonished she finally was out there, we could see her and I had a baby :happydance:

but besides, I was far too exhausted straight after giving birth to have extraordinary feelings :hi:

I'd never felt happier than I did holding my baby for the first time, i couldn't stop crying. Sometimes i still get a little teary, i can't believe he's all mine!

My emotions were really weird. I was in love with Elizabeth from the first moment. As soon as I heard her first cry I started crying.

I had a c-section and couldn't really feel anything from the neck down so I couldn't hold her for a little while, and could do more and more with her as the hours passed and my spinal wore off. I fell more and more in love with her. We stayed in the hospital for 3 days following and I was over the moon when we left.

..... then we got home. I didn't have the nurses there, I didn't have anyone but me and my DH who was also a first time parent. I didn't know what I was doing, and didn't have anyone to ask. I was running on no sleep and I started to detach from her. (and everyone really)
However after a few days all was well, and I still can't say I know what I'm doing, but at least I have a pretty good idea now. lol

absolutely fell in love at first sight .

I didnt, because of everything that happened. I was so scared, all I felt was fear(which in a way I guess was love, because I was so scared he would die, and I knew that would crush my soul). I truely believe though if he had been full term it would of been love at first sight.

I sometimes cry when Im by myself to holding him!

I'd never felt happier than I did holding my baby for the first time, i couldn't stop crying. Sometimes i still get a little teary, i can't believe he's all mine!

I cry sometimes looking at Seth because I still can't beleive I have him... finding out I was pregnant was a huge shock and I don't think I actually ever believed it until he was here. I didn't think I was in real labour until half an hour before he was born lol I justcan't believe I have a son!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->