Lovely idea but doesn't sit right with me

tinymumma

Mummy to a rainbow boy
Reaction score
OH and I had decided on a name but then he kind of suddenly changed his mind. It took him a few days to actually tell me and started off by saying that I have no choice in the matter (more so because he thought I would hate the idea). He wants to name our son after my brother (whom has multiple disabilities, OH wants him to feel special and included since he won't be having children of his own).
I cried when he told me, I thought it was just the sweetest thing but now... I'm not too sure. I'm not 100% against the name, just not really thrilled on it being his first name. I don't know, it just doesn't sit right with me.
So, middle name? A possibility, however to fully convince OH I need to come up with something really good but I'm at a loss!
The name is Connor. Any ideas on first names that would accompany this as a middle name? Surname is Schilling, if that helps.

That is an incredibly sweet gesture. :) But, you're right, it's worth trying to find a name that you really love. Middle name sounds like an excellent compromise.

I'm not great with names, so I'll leave that to the other ladies, just wanted to add my agreement, and my appreciation for your man's kind idea. :)

What kind of names do you like? Traditional, non traditional etc.
I like
James Connor
Mathew Connor
Samuel Connor
Jackson Connor
Brody Connor
Braxton Connor

I think Lucas Conner sounds good. I hope you find something perfect :)

Sweet gesture! Your brother will be quite please the baby has his name as his middle name, i'm sure!

Michael Connor
James Connor
Jackson Connor
Matthew Connor

I think many names will go quite well! What is the original name you agreed on? Will it go?

I also would go with a middle name - I think it was a lovely gesture from OH, but given your brother is still very much with us - then middle name means your LO will have his own identity.

My friend's sister named her daughter Ruth after her - although she was flattered - she was not so happy about being called Big Ruth from the moment the baby was born!! No such complaints from Little Ruth :)

I do prefer non traditional names. We originally decided on Leonidus Judah (OH picked the first and I, the second) I do quite like the sound of Lucas and Braxton, which would be fitting I guess since I've been getting plenty of Braxton hicks :haha: Lovely names :) Any more?

I agree, that was very sweet of your husband but you'll want a name you feel sure about and your brother I'm sure will feel very honoured having the middle name after him :) tbh if someone was going to be named after me, I would prefer it be the middle name. It would be too weird having two same-names in one family.

Anyway, I work in a school so I'll toss a few ideas at you:

Raegan
Rayden
Hayden (or any other -ayden name)
Trenton
Miles
Wyatt or Pyatt
Darian
MacKenzie
Emerson
Blake
Reilly
Logan
Xander
Jax or Jaxon
Zachary
Marshall

^ Pyatt???

like a cross between pie and fat?

well that will never get bullied lol

Erickson
Brighton
Wrighton
Cyrus
Paxton
Maxim
Jamison
Quinton

^ Pyatt???

On your latest post, you asked for "no mean comments" on your name choices, most of which were just as weird as Pyatt. So this proves you to be a hypocrite.

FWI, Pyatt is the name of a boy in the school I work at. He's never been teased, he's actually quite popular. Its not my taste personally, but the OP was looking for non-traditional names.

Lucas Connor is lovely.

Leo Connor
Jackson Connor
Jake Connor
Riley
Logan
Tyler
Taylor

^ Pyatt???

On your latest post, you asked for "no mean comments" on your name choices, most of which were just as weird as Pyatt. So this proves you to be a hypocrite.

FWI, Pyatt is the name of a boy in the school I work at. He's never been teased, he's actually quite popular. Its not my taste personally, but the OP was looking for non-traditional names.

I agree with you, from what I've seen from being on here, this person rarely has positive things to say. Don't comment if you're not going to contribute to the question originally asked.
On a lighter note, so many names! I do like quite a few of them :) Leo would be sweet, as it's still sticking to the name we picked originally.

^ Pyatt???

I agree with you, from what I've seen from being on here, this person rarely has positive things to say. Don't comment if you're not going to contribute to the question originally asked.
On a lighter note, so many names! I do like quite a few of them :) Leo would be sweet, as it's still sticking to the name we picked originally.

It sometimes makes me a bit hesitant to post some name ideas on BnB because of harsh/blunt/unconstructive comments, even though I know some people are always going to come across this way. We're all trying hard to find the perfect name for our LOs, and I feel that a few ladies in particular can get a little negative and judgy about name choices on here...IMO, there's no need to take a thread in that direction.

Anywho...I also love the idea of honouring your brother, and I really like the name Connor, but it would be a great middle name for sure. And as a pp mentioned, if someone were naming their child after me, I would be flattered, but would much prefer it to be their middle name. Maybe this is one of the points you can use to sway DH towards the middle name idea if he isn't already on board now :)

I don't mind the name Lucas - it's actually my cousin's name, and I think it's nice. It also goes well with Connor and with your surname. I really like the previous suggestions of Logan, Jackson, Hayden, and Zachary though!!! Lots of good suggestions from other posters, so I don't really have any new names to add :)

My ds is Leo and that goes well with Connor also has part of your original name in there....

Leon Connor
Harley Connor
Austin Connor
Eben Connor
Emerson Connor
Oakley Connor
Leondro Connor

Um it's hard to find a first name for actually ... Xx

I like Leonidus (though I guess I've only ever seen it spelled Leonidas... as in the Spartan king from antiquity)... regardless a cool classical reference.

In that vein here are some ideas (some of which are rather off beat, lol, but am trying to be outta the box):

Ignatius (Iggy)
Felix
Atticus (though if you're not from US the literary reference may not be as strong)
Leonard / Leopold (Leo)
Augustin
Wyatt (like Pyatt... minus the pie that troubled other poster)
Milo
Oscar
Emmett
Jonah
Amius/as
Horatio (heh, but why not)
Zeno
Ezra
Vega
Ezekiel (Zeke)
Cyrus / Silas
Ernest
Everett
Ansel
Jasper
Anselm
Wyeth
Jensen
Beckett
Lionel
Soren

Liked someone else's suggestion of Owen and Quentin. Also like Charles or James with Connor, though they aren't very unique.

Lovely gesture from OH!! Wish mine was so considerate :haha:

I do agree with pps though, middle name is best. Baby needs his own identity!

I'm not much help with boy names 2bh.

Loxley Connor
Zacora Connor
Logan Connor
Corey Connor
Cayden Connor
Lincoln Connor
Malachi Connor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics