Lovely in-law's - How rare!!

Mum2BKW

Reaction score
Hubbie's parents came down over the weekend to help him move the wardrobes etc out of what will be babies room :happydance:

They were so amazing! Spent ALL DAY lifting, cleaning, disassembling and reassembling furniture. We found a big damp patch behind one of the wardrobes and I was panicking a bit that it meant we couldn't put baby in there and what if it had come through the wall and we had a massive damp problem etc. I went downstairs and 10 mins later came back up and MIL had got the kitchen cleaner on it and scrubbed it till it shone! FIL said the wall was fine and solid, it was just where condensation had been trapped behind the wardrobe and that once it had dried off that would be it. They were so reassuring and helpful and I still can't believe my MIL got all of that mould off the wall so fast!

They wouldn't let me do anything other than make tea and were really cheerful all day. I feel so lucky to have them around. My family would never be that helpful so I guess I'm a bit overwhelmed by it!

We need to give the room some time to dry out and then it'll be painting time, I can't wait! :cloud9:

That's definitely unusual! Lol!! So glad you have nice in laws! Must be lovely for you :) I can only imagine.......😉 Xx

That's definitely unusual! Lol!! So glad you have nice in laws! Must be lovely for you :) I can only imagine.......😉 Xx

Thanks cupcake! I do feel really lucky. My family would come and help (a bit...) but make sure I was well aware of how put out they were by it and how lazy I was being not doing it myself. So it's such a contrast!

I hope your in-laws aren't too awful :s

Your in laws do seem lovely. Mine r too. It's sad when I see posts on here about how at odds people are with their in laws. They are the parents of your husband! So pretty important in the the family dynamic.

I love reading posts like this. I really do feel so sorry for all the people who don't like their in-laws. Like you, mine are fabulous. The only problem with them is that they live in Australia and we live in South Africa! But they arrive on Wednesday for a holiday and I can't wait to see them. I thank my luck starts for amazing in-laws!

Aw you're all making me jealous! Lol! Mine are certainly not the best by any stretch of the imagination! MIL feels as though I've taken her son away from her...bearing in mind we live 5 minutes down the road :) childish really hey ho! Glad all you ladies have fab ones! Xx

Love my in laws to pieces :) that's so nice to hear from someone about the joys of having in laws!

Thats fantastic! So pleased they helped you out. Mine are lovely too, they are also really really helpful with things that way. Being the mother of a son I do sometimes worry that mothers of boys sometimes miss out once they marry, as the girls parents do seem to get favoured, but hopefully my sons wife will see me and his dad the same way.

Aw that's great! Glad they help you out and are there for you! ( me and my husband are ones who are NOT close with his family, so that would never happen with us. They don't give a damn about us) you are so lucky!

I've got nice in laws too. Sometimes they annoy me but really I'm very lucky. They have my son one day a week when I work. They bought most of the baby stuff first time round (as did my parents). This time they got my sons grown up furniture. They take us out for days out and lunches. My parents come round and help with any DIY. No one makes me feel bad for any of it. I'm lucky with both sides. Plus my son adores them all.

I'm also fortunate to have lovely in-laws. My MIL in particular is amazing. We get on so well and she has really made me feel like part of the family. In fact, if I'm having a disagreement with my hubby she more often than not sides with me, which always amuses me! She's generous to a fault, not just with her money (she spoils us all), but also with her time. All my husband's siblings are lovely too and great fun to be around. It's especially nice for me that we get on so well because they live closer to us than my family. I always enjoy it when we spend the weekend there.

I adore my MIL and GMIL there families are amazing and been there every step of the way. OH is currently away and I get messages on FB checking I'm coping and to yell if I need them (they do live about 400 miles away) but they are so nice. It's so nice to have both sides of the family for support even if mine can drive me batty at times, they are trying to help but give me space :). Such a lovely thread xx

I love my in laws too! Unfortunately they live 5,000 miles away but they will be coming to stay once the baby's born. They're been so supportive these past nine months, as have my own parents. I feel very lucky.

I love OHs parents and am closer to them than I am to my own parents. They r so supportive and helpful and spoil us :) they live 15 min away so we get to see them all the time ususlly every Sunday and i talk to his mom on the phone at leasy once a week. I never could have made ot through this pregnancy without her especially since my family caused so much drama and fighting when I told them I was preg

Glad you got so much help with your nursery and that bubs will have such sweet grandparents

I have amazing in laws!! They help us with anything we need. My mother in law is actually going to be in the delivery room with us, along with my hubby, my mom and sister in law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->