Lovenox Side Effects

dakotamom87

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I have just recently been put on Lovenox injections 2xs a day and baby aspirin. I started taking the lovenox Tuesday night (so about 4 shots so far) and was wondering if anyone else has had any weird side effects. I don't know if my body just has to become use to the lovenox or what. I'm sleepy and I just feel strange, like I feel swollen everywhere but not physically swollen if that makes sense. I am also extremely thirsty and dizzy and I just feel off.

Hi there! I just found your post as I was searching the Lovenox forums. Sadly a few days ago I lost my baby boy. I was 14 weeks 2 days and began having contractions. With this being my first pregnancy I had no idea and thought they were just cramps. Went to my OB right away and he confirmed no fetal heartbeat OR growth for the past 4 weeks. I delivered him(miscarried) just a few hours later.
You didn’t give any background on why you are taking the shots so I am curious why and why such a high dose if I can ask. I had only one clot which lead to a DVT about 7 months ago and it was believed to be provoked by birth control as I have no history, no family history and all my tests came back negative with the birth control being the only provoking factor. I was on 40mg once a day so one shot, no baby aspirin.
I honestly believe that the Lovenox is what took my baby’s life. He literally stopped growing and passed away within 2 days after taking the shot beginning at 10 weeks and a day. I had major trepidation’s about taking this medication as more modern studies are showing it can cause birth defects and complications for the mother. I just wanted to share my story with you so that others can be aware of the potential complications. It seems like doctors hear blood clot during pregnancy and they are all too quick to throw a medication at the mother. Congratulations and best of luck to you

Hi Dakota! I don't know if I noticed any side effects from it or not. Nothing that stands out.

Thirsty and dizzy would make me think of diabetes. BUT, that doesn't mean these aren't side effects for you from the lovenox.

Ashley- this is incorrect information. Lovenox does not cross the placenta and does not cause birth defects. Lovenox prescribed in a multi dose vial has benzyl alcohol in it and THAT crosses the placenta and can cause problems. But drs generally know this and prescribe single dose vials that do not cause harm. It's likely that you started the lovenox too late if your baby passed away from a blood clot. They can't say exactly when a baby passes from the size measured because they do begin to shrink after passing on. I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost one at 15 weeks due to blood clots in the placenta and cord, so I know exactly how this feels. Please do not think you did this from taking this medication.

Hi there! I just found your post as I was searching the Lovenox forums. Sadly a few days ago I lost my baby boy. I was 14 weeks 2 days and began having contractions. With this being my first pregnancy I had no idea and thought they were just cramps. Went to my OB right away and he confirmed no fetal heartbeat OR growth for the past 4 weeks. I delivered him(miscarried) just a few hours later.
You didn’t give any background on why you are taking the shots so I am curious why and why such a high dose if I can ask. I had only one clot which lead to a DVT about 7 months ago and it was believed to be provoked by birth control as I have no history, no family history and all my tests came back negative with the birth control being the only provoking factor. I was on 40mg once a day so one shot, no baby aspirin.
I honestly believe that the Lovenox is what took my baby’s life. He literally stopped growing and passed away within 2 days after taking the shot beginning at 10 weeks and a day. I had major trepidation’s about taking this medication as more modern studies are showing it can cause birth defects and complications for the mother. I just wanted to share my story with you so that others can be aware of the potential complications. It seems like doctors hear blood clot during pregnancy and they are all too quick to throw a medication at the mother. Congratulations and best of luck to you

Oh Hun, I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. I have had 5 consecutive losses after 3 healthy live births. My first loss was 2 years ago at 13 weeks, so I understand the pain you are going through. It took me along time to get past that loss. After my 5th loss, I was diagnoses with antiphospholipid syndrome, which they believe was why I kept miscarrying. I have never had a DVT just the losses, so when I go my BFP they put me on baby aspirin and 40 lovenox 2xs a day.

Hi Dakota! I don't know if I noticed any side effects from it or not. Nothing that stands out.

Thirsty and dizzy would make me think of diabetes. BUT, that doesn't mean these aren't side effects for you from the lovenox.

Ashley- this is incorrect information. Lovenox does not cross the placenta and does not cause birth defects. Lovenox prescribed in a multi dose vial has benzyl alcohol in it and THAT crosses the placenta and can cause problems. But drs generally know this and prescribe single dose vials that do not cause harm. It's likely that you started the lovenox too late if your baby passed away from a blood clot. They can't say exactly when a baby passes from the size measured because they do begin to shrink after passing on. I'm very sorry for your loss. I lost one at 15 weeks due to blood clots in the placenta and cord, so I know exactly how this feels. Please do not think you did this from taking this medication.

Thank you for your reply! I was thinking diabetes too, but my OB said some of her other ladies have told her of being super thirsty as well. I can live with the thirst lol I know there are worse side effects that could happen. It might actually help my stay hydrated haha.

Definitely! And those symptoms can also totally just be from pregnancy as well! I have a friend that is always talking about being really thirsty when she is pregnant. Our bodies know what we need :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->