Low AFI

xbabybumpx

Reaction score
hi ladies. i had a re-scan today as when i had my 21 week scan baby was all curled up in a ball so they couldint check her heart properly. anyway i had another scan today and the sonographer said to me that my amniotic fluid was in the lower range, it measured 7.8cm. im going back for another scan in 4 weeks. she said it was nothing to worry about but yet she kept talking about the fluid during my scan! anyone else been told this? xox

she said im in the lower end of the scale. so hopefully when i go back in 4 weeks time it wont be any lower xox

I was told i was the lower range of normal but no follow up appt was mentioned. She didnt seem concerned and neither did my midwife when i mentioned it. xx

well she must be a little concerned if she wants me back for another scan. better to be safe then sorry i suppose xox

sorry i dont have time to get into it right now but here is a thread i have going over in the gestational complications section about tihs issue, i had it my last pregnancy as well as developing it this pregnancy. here is a link to the thread.https://www.babyandbump.com/gestational-complications/203964-oligohydramnios.html

I'll reply here tomorrow with more info but i cant right now since i'm off to bed before christmas :)

I had 2 pools of fluid measuring 1.5cm and 2.5cm so 4cm total from about 33 weeks, i was checked every couple of weeks and induced at 38 weeks because of this. It can replenish though so dont panic. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->