LOW blood pressure..?

yin2173

Reaction score
Hello all,

I've just been having a look at my notes from all of my midwife appointments, and out if curiosity googled my blood pressure and found out that it has been really quite low at every appointment, especially at my last one, where it was 85/53..
The midwife hasn't mentioned anything about it, but I wondered if any if you ladies had experienced this, and if so were you advised of anything you could do or any dangers?
I don't feel dizzy or overly sleepy, so no low blood pressure symptoms as such..I was also told at last appointment though that baby is measuring 2 weeks behind and I need to have a growth scan, so both if these new developments have me a bit on the worried side..
Thanks in advance!:)

Low blood pressureis only an issue of you have symptoms like fainting, etc. hydration can help. But otherwise,it's very healthy. Mine is in that range.

Thank you so much for your reply Catherine :)

That's made me feel much better, and I'm trying to drink more water as I'd read about that - wondering if my amniotic fluid is low too and that could be why I'm measuring small..

Suppose we should be glad we don't have high blood pressure :)

Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Hi yin,
Try not to worry :) mine is low too (it's always low) I just have to be careful when sitting up quickly. Keep yourself hydrated. It's much better to have low bp in pregnancy rather then high xx

Mines the same as yours too, naturally during pregnancy your blood pressure goes down. This is in relation to the increased blood volume, as others have said its completely normal and healthy providing you have no symptoms :) xx

Thanks Cupcake :)

I read that lots of athletes etc have low blood pressure..lets pretend we belong to that group!;) ;)

To be honest i think its best to have low/lowish rather than High BP, as high BP not just in pregnancy can be damaging to your body etc.

Mine when not Pregnant is around 80/55 when pregnant its: 100/60.... I got kept in the hospital overnight last week, because my BP went to 149/92 which i was told wasnt High :/ but was too high for me... So they kept me in too monitor me.

Ive also had 1 doctor measure my belly and say oh your measuring 2 weeks smaller, when all other doctors and midwives etc said im measuring dot on... so try not to worry :)

Mine when not Pregnant is around 80/55 when pregnant its: 100/60.... I got kept in the hospital overnight last week, because my BP went to 149/92 which i was told wasnt High :/ but was too high for me... So they kept me in too monitor me.

149/92 is high for anyone, especially for you since yours are usually much lower! Normal should be in the 120/70 range....I am surprised they told you that wasn't high! Definitely keep an eye on that, if your numbers are staying elevated be sure they are checking you for Pre-e/PIH!

To the OP, lower blood pressure is better than higher BP, but you still don't want your BP going much lower than it is now. I just had my baby, and post surgery mine went as low as 82/43, the nurse panicked for a quick second and kept a cloer eye on me- mine was likely that low due to anesthesia (post c-section). But my normal is in the 90/60 range. When it starts dropping to the really low numbers people tend to pass out, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->