Low blood pressure?!?

KellyW1982

Reaction score
Hi All,

So I have been to the midwife today and my blood pressure was
100/50- previously it had been 110/60 and I was told this was low but not to be concerned about. The midwife today said it is low and I may find myself feeling a little dizzy at times but she didn't seem concerned.

So does anyone know if 100/50 is too low? I have googled it but there is conflicting views.

Thanks
Kelly

My blood pressure is always low and gets lower during pregnancy.
As mines always low anyway they never even mention it as a concern.
It's normal for me.
What's your bp like when you're not pregnant?

That's not too low at all! The normal is 120/80 so 110/60 is nothing to be concerned about at all. Mine is always low, in the 90's/60's. But I get dizzy easily and have low blood sugar. Not sure what week you're in, but all my info for last week (18 weeks) said it's typical for blood pressure to drop during that time. No worries mama!

Thank you both. I'm not sure what my BP is when I'm not pregnant because I can't even remember the last time I had it took.

I'm 17 weeks pregnant so I'm guessing it's just normal for me also... I guess the midwife would have said if it was really bad- I think I'm suffering with a bit of pregnancy anxiety so worrying about everything.

Thank you both again xx

I run low too, pregnant or not. Yes it's much lower than normal but it's not scary low or in a range of being too concerned. It's actually healthier to run this way and better than running a little higher than normal. Just make sure you are always appropriately hydrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->