Low blood sugar GD 2.9?!

jw1555

Reaction score
Hi I have recently been diagnosed with GD and understand the levels rtc I need to be at before and after meals however today I had a really low reading of 2.9...is this to low?!

2.9 is quite low, but maybe you just went without food for too long? I had to snack quite often with my GD, or else I'd start to feel shaky and faint. Are you on medication or diet controlled?

Diet controlled at the moment. I had eaten a snack 2 hrs before so hadn't been any longer than normal but who knows after I ate my dinner it has now jumped to the highest I've ever had! I see the diabetic midwife weds so I can ask her more then I guess x

Yes, I found my levels jumped around a bit too, its all quite confusing! I'm sure your midwife will be able to advise you, hope you get on ok

Thank you! Going to ring her now as they have dropped again so thought best to check before going to bed x

Did you manage to speak to anybody? Hope they were able to reassure you

Well when I rang there were no diabetic midwives on duty so I spoke to another midwife who advised me that 2.9 is really good as "the lower the better"!!! So I had to explain to her that no that wasn't exactly the case. I was going To ring the diabetic midwife today but my readings have been average this morning so as long as they stay ok today, I will just wait until my appointment tomorrow to ask x

Not the most helpful conversation then! Glad your levels have gone a bit more stable this morning anyway. Hopefully they'll stay that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->