Low cal lunch ideas

dgirllamius

Lena's Mutter
Reaction score
I'm getting kind of tired of what I have for lunch so I want to shake it up a bit.

Anyone got any lunch ideas that are 450 cals or less?

I'm quite fussy so no weird stuff ;)

What are your current typical lunches? Do you eat at home or are they for work?

Right now I have 125g of fresh pasta with a tomato based sauce and sweetcorn, plus a bag of crisps. It's boring and I just want to have something different (preferably without crisps!) and it's for home - I don't need to worry about cooking things.

I like omlette, which of course requires cooking but is simple. I do mine with 2 eggs, current faves are mushrooms and a bit of courgette. No cheese to keep cals down. I also do a basic salad on the side.

I like runny scrambled / poached egg on brown toast, sometimes with mushrooms (I love them)

Ryvita with various toppings.

My DD and I like cous cous, loads of flavours to choose from. She likes it mixed with pasta and sweetcorn.

We also have crackers, ham, cheese, salad.....sort of mini ploughmans with bits missing!

A small jacket potato with salad and a dollop of sour cream/creme fraiche? Or with Tuna but no Mayo?
Salmon and avocado salad? You can make a bit of cooked and flaked smoked or normal salmon go a long way.
Raw veg crudites with hummus, hard boiled egg and some ham or chicken?
Soup? There are some lovely lighter summer flavours to try.
Small portion of a leftover dinner with salad?
I like spinach and mushrooms on pasta with a little tomato based sauce.
Could you replace your crisps with fruit and yoghurt?
xx

At the moment I'm really liking ryvita crackers topped with houmous, sliced tomatoes and slices cucumber. I'll have that with some fruit and I'm set!

I like ryvita, you can put pretty much anything on them. Toasted pitta bread with hummus.. I also really like wraps with some chicken or tuna and salad. Fruit salads, especially in warm weather. Pasta salads, stir fry, chicken and noodle soup, vegetable soup, try and swap the crisps for a yogurt or maybe something similar like walkers sunbites that contain a bit less fat than regular crisps.

Leafy salad with red onion and smoked salmon. I had it today at around 280 calories. Followed by fruit.

Hm I eat a lot of sandwhiches. Sandwich without crisps is probably around 400.

tbh, I eat a lot of leftovers for lunch. It's usually between 300-450 calories. Today, it was less than 300, I had a leftover steak (grilled) and some cheesy potatoes. I also do tuna salad with crackers, etc.

I almost never cook "just lunch" it's either leftovers, or something quick like a sandwich.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->