Low Count & Low Morphology?

isaiah66_9

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

Completely new to this forum.
My DH & I have been TTC for almost 3 years now. :blush: We are both under 30. About a year ago we went in for preliminary "reproductive health" tests and found out that sperm count was a little low (9.9mil/15mil) and morphology was also not the best. (6%/14%) Motility was good. (65%/40%) :shrug:

Since these were tests that we did on our end out of curiosity vs. a doctor wanting to get test results, we have not been back to speak with a doctor. The nurse giving us our results recommended some supplements to us, but that was it. It has been a year since we have taken the tests and we were going to wait it out until possibly the beginning of next year until we went and made an appointment with a doctor.

Anyone else experiencing this and got pregnant? I'm not thinking that it's impossible to get pregnant with this condition, but just wondering what helped others conceive that have experienced the same thing. Also, for those of you who saw medical help with this, did the doctor go straight to suggesting procedures like IUI, and IVF?
I'm personally not a huge fan of us doing IVF for multiple reasons (DH is indifferent) and would like to look at all of our options before considering the big procedures. I'm sure everyone can relate. If you can get pregnant without all of the added hormones and thousands of dollars spent (how we were designed to get pregnant), we'd all sign up for that!

We just ordered pre-seed. We used it in our first year of trying only for a month or two and sort of stopped using it. Going to give the product another try!

I have been in and out of temping these past 3 years...same with ovulation tests....and with taking supplements. It's so exhausting, and although temping costs nothing, all of the tests and supplements for the both of us can get expensive per month. BUT obviously, it's not nearly as expensive as paying for a big procedure.

Thanks all!

i would get back on the supplements and go for another SA, see if they have helped. Some dr prescribed Clomid for Dhs. They dont always jump right to IUI/IVF.

Thanks for responding! I know, we both need to get back to supplements, it's just depressing spending $100+ a month per person with no results. But I know they are good for our bodies regardless if we don't feel it or see anything come from it.

My husband was also finishing up his bachelors while working full time in 2014 aka a laptop on his lap every night, so I can't help but think that maybe that had some effect in our first year and maybe even second year of trying. Or it just makes me feel better knowing the "why"...
I didn't realize that they gave Clomid to men, very interesting!

If we don't see any results the remainder of this year we are more than likely scheduling an appointment after the first of next year. For both sanity and insurance purposes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->