Low fluid & hospital admission 36 weeks need advice

Holmarie12

Reaction score
Hi all,
I’m 36+3 today and have been admitted to hospital since yesterday.
I went for a routine Doppler scan yesterday lunchtime to discover that baby has low fluid around him (6.5cm) compared to a scan 3 days previous which was at almost 19cm.

They examined me and swabbed and the amniotic fluid test was negative, however I feel like I have been trickling throughout the day but the test was negative so a mystery on where it’s gone.

As I’ve already been back and forth for monitoring and scans for reduced movements they are keeping me in and doing another scan today alongside 6 hourly monitoring.

Babies movements are now painful and really really odd I’ve never known anything like it, could that be because his fluid is low? I’m baffled to how he’s ended up with fluid below tje 5th centile when 3 days earlier it was between the 50th and 95th! May I add all ctgs seem lovely

Has anyone been in a similar situation ?

I had a very similar experience for my second. Periods of reduced movement, and a scan at around 37 weeks showed very low fluid (I had no leaking at all either). I got induced at exactly 38 weeks, and the scan was definitely accurate as I lost no waters during my labour - even when they tried/did break my waters.. It was like it was bone dry in there! Which was a huge comparison to my first where it was like the Niagara Falls multiple times throughout my labour, including when he came out.

I agree its weird though that it changed in a matter of days! I didn't have scans close enough together to compare, but my 33/34 week scan had been fine fluid wise, then 3ish weeks later it wasnt.

Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly :hug:

This happened to my SIL! She went for a routine check up and her waters were really low so they admitted her to be induced that week. She hadn’t felt any leaking or anything though and had fine waters the week prior. All was well and she delivered a healthy baby girl at 38 weeks

I haven't had any experience with this, but hoping that all goes well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->