Low HCG and pregnancy tests--please help!

9jawife

Mom of one
Reaction score
I hope this is OK to post here--I know that "Am I pregnant?" threads aren't allowed. But this isn't that, exactly...

So, this past March I miscarried my first pregnancy at approx. 6-7 weeks. I vacillated between wanting to conceive right away, and waiting until a better time (the baby was a surprise..) There was one day my husband and I had unprotected sex, during my fertile time. I freaked out and took Plan B-albeit a little longer than 72 hours afterwards--due to my mixed emotions about getting pregnant again.

My period is now 2.5 days late, but I've taken two HPT's and they say negative. I was *extremely* emotional today, which is characteristic of my PMS.

Two questions:

1. Could Plan B throw off my cycle enough to delay my period? I'm usually quite regular. And

2. With my first pregnancy, I tested two WEEKS after my missed period, and the second line was FAINT instead of bold-indicating low(er) HCG. Is it possible that my body/my embryos just produce a low level of the hormone, and I could be pregnant even though the tests are saying otherwise?

Thanks so much for your replies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->