Low HCGs resulting in Negative HPTs when pregnant.

xolarisx

Reaction score
Hey everyone, need some advice.

DH and I aren't trying but aren't preventing, whatever happens is for a reason and when it's ready.

Anyways. Three weeks late. We have 2 little boys already, and I didn't fin out I was pregnant with them until I was about 2 months along. At that time I was very irregular and didn't show symptoms until I was starting to gain weight.

About to reach that 2nd missed AF, and still no sign of the already missed one and the one that's about to start. Around the time that AF was due last time, I was experiencing mild cramping, pinching feelings at my hip bones, back pains, and headaches. Since then, I've gotten sick twice, though it was when I happened to be upset about something stupid. But the past 3 days, I have had the most sore and full feeling bbs ever. They are firm in certain places, which isn't normal. They feel like they have more bounce then usual as well (which any woman who has had a kid or two knows that they usually just feel like they're THERE.)

I have a Dr. appointment next week and they're curious if maybe my HCG may not be high enough to appear on an HPT. They think maybe it may have been the case with my previous pregnancies but since I didn't catch them earlier enough, I never knew my HCG counts were low. (AF has since regulated herself to a normal schedule... Until now.)

My question for you is has ANYONE ever heard of or had this happen? Anything would be helpful at this time because the wait is killing me. I'm aware that some times low HCG is due to a miscarriage, but the drs have told me that if I were to have had a MC, it would have made itself known by now. Full tests aren't for another week, but are scheduled.

I've taken 6 HPTs. The last 3 ended with blown control strips, though they were all different brands and from different batches. In one of those three, the control line never even showed up. Regardless, ALL have been negative. Haven't tested within the past week and a half. Can't take another BFN right now.

Thanks everyone and baby dust to all!

I think it's more likely that you just had an off month and didn't ovulate. Rarely women have normal HCG levels but they don't secrete it into their urine. If that's the case a blood test will still come up positive. I hope you get an answer soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->