• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Low heart rate? What is your opinion?

Pinkpanzer

Reaction score
I had the stomach flu last Tuesday that wound me up in the hospital for dehydration. Up until that point I had thought my pregnancy was going great due to my doubling almost tripling HCG draws.
The ER did an ultrasound and found 2 sacs. Both with fetal poles, one dating 6 weeks 3 days the other dating 5 weeks 6 days. Baby A had a heart beat of 103 ( 6 w 3 d ) baby B did not have one yet.

I am scared! I can't tell if baby A's heart beat is ok. It seems low but not SUPER low. I have no clue how to process baby B.
I have been waiting for my Ultra sound tomorrow and I think this is driving me nuts!

What do you think? Has anyone been about this far along with a heart rate of 103? What happened?

I was in the same situation! I was so worried too. I had an u/s at 6w5days - baby B's heart rate was I think 112, baby A's was 90 and measuring small. My doc told me they expect to see around 110 at that point so he wasn't concerned about baby B, but he told me to expect baby A not to make it. He said it would be a vanishing twin, that I should see some spotting but that it would have no affect at all on the other twin. They had me come back the next week, they both grew and heart rates increased but baby A was still behind (by almost a whole week) so the doctors thought it still didn't look good. 2 weeks later at week 9, I had a third scan. I hadn't had any cramping or spotting but I was so nervous. Baby A had basically caught up completely and had a normal heart rate. This time the doc was upbeat and said I can relax and that I'm very likely to deliver twins.
So basically, the heart only just starts beating around the start of week 6. It starts low and increases bit by bit. I kinda wish my scan wasn't so early, it would have saved me so much worrying. Sometimes they're just a bit slow to catch on. I think it probably has to do with the timing of implantation. Doctors just seem to prepare you for the worst.

Thank you for the positive feed back! I need it :0) This waiting game is terrible.

Thank you for the positive feed back! I need it :0) This waiting game is terrible.

Oh man don't I know it. I was living scan to scan. I'm so happy to be able to share a hopeful story. :flower: let me know how you get on. Good luck tomorrow! :thumbup:

I've heard anything over 80-90 in the very early days is good. Bubs heart could have only just started beating. It will get faster day by day, you should see it go up by next scan :)

Just thought I would let you know that we went in for the ultra sound this evening. Both baby A and B had heart beats and both were good at 151 and 141. We are in shock and excited!!!!

Wonderful news, double congrats!!! :hugs: xxxxxxxxx

I was in the same situation! I was so worried too. I had an u/s at 6w5days - baby B's heart rate was I think 112, baby A's was 90 and measuring small. My doc told me they expect to see around 110 at that point so he wasn't concerned about baby B, but he told me to expect baby A not to make it. He said it would be a vanishing twin, that I should see some spotting but that it would have no affect at all on the other twin. They had me come back the next week, they both grew and heart rates increased but baby A was still behind (by almost a whole week) so the doctors thought it still didn't look good. 2 weeks later at week 9, I had a third scan. I hadn't had any cramping or spotting but I was so nervous. Baby A had basically caught up completely and had a normal heart rate. This time the doc was upbeat and said I can relax and that I'm very likely to deliver twins.
So basically, the heart only just starts beating around the start of week 6. It starts low and increases bit by bit. I kinda wish my scan wasn't so early, it would have saved me so much worrying. Sometimes they're just a bit slow to catch on. I think it probably has to do with the timing of implantation. Doctors just seem to prepare you for the worst.
My doctor was the same way, for negative and expecting the worst until my 2nd scan when he got a heartbeat of 134. He was more upbeat then and a bit shocked as I told him it would all be fine! I'm sure he will be really upbeat at my third scan on the 13th.

My doctor was the same way, for negative and expecting the worst until my 2nd scan when he got a heartbeat of 134. He was more upbeat then and a bit shocked as I told him it would all be fine! I'm sure he will be really upbeat at my third scan on the 13th.

In my heart I felt like the doctors would be proven wrong and I was annoyed at how bleak they were being. I was really happy to be right about that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->