low levels on my 21 day test

aminah2011

Reaction score
I have children and was pregnant last 4 years ago, I never took fertility meds or had any assistance getting pregnant so I know that it can happen or could 4 years ago....age is unkind to women. My 3 day test for FSH and estradiol came back with good numbers 6 and 7, but when I did the progesterone test 7 days after ovulation (and I'm really sure it was 7 days and not early) the results came back at 4.9. I am reading online that it means i didn't ovulate or it wasn't a strong ovulation. I was worried because Im about 45 pounds overweight and I thought that could be it, because i read fat stores estrogen and if you have high estrogen then it will affect your progesterone level too, but since my estradiol level was normal i dont think thats it. What makes your progesterone level low or makes you not ovulate? Is it just age (36)? Or is there anything I can do to help it? Im guessing if I see a dr and get clomid or femara that could help...is that the only option? Are there any other horomone test or blood tests i should do that will give me more information and help me figure out what the problem is?

My 21 day labs were 6.4.. its my understanding that its a weak ovulation. Do you bbt chart? Once you get the hang of it, you can see if you ov or not. Charting will also give you a clear indication of your luteal phase length. Short luteal phase could mean low progesterone... I hope this helps some...

How about taking progesterone supplements after O?
That's what they would give you during an ivf cycle, so why not try it with a normal cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->