Low lying placenta

Bubsta

Love my Girl & baby Boy!
Reaction score
Hi, we'll I just had another scan today. I'm 27wks 2days. He said bubs was lying in a awkward position and he also said I have a low lying placenta. He wrote down transverse (I think transverse referred to bubs?). He has booked me in to see him again in 3weeks. He mentioned possible c-sect but would see how we go. He also mentioned 2cm? Not sure if he meant 2cm over cervix? (He's so casual. I feel like I'm pestering him with questions sometimes!) I'm ok if I have to have a c-sect as I had an EMCS with my DD so I know what to expect.... But I guess I like to know where I'm at and what I am more likely going to have, does that make sense? I want to try and be prepared. Guess its not really understanding enough about low lying placenta and the likelihood of it moving after 27wks? Does anyone have any advice for me please? :flower:

Your placenta is 2 cm from the cervix - I believe that is marginal placenta previa. Good chances (my MD says like 90% of them do) that it will move up by 34 weeks. They don't want you going into labor with a low lying placenta due to significant risk of hemorrhage, so that is why they would schedule a C-section for around 37 weeks IF it doesn't move.

I had marginal placenta previa and it was > 3 cm away by 30 weeks.

Also, transverse was baby's position :) Good luck! I'm sure your PP will get out of the way!

Mine moved up out of the way by 32 weeks.

i found out at mt 20 wk scan i av a low layin placenta, mine hasnt moved so im booked in for a section, they will re-scan you at about 34wks and then go frm there to wether u need a section or not x

Your placenta is 2 cm from the cervix - I believe that is marginal placenta previa. Good chances (my MD says like 90% of them do) that it will move up by 34 weeks. They don't want you going into labor with a low lying placenta due to significant risk of hemorrhage, so that is why they would schedule a C-section for around 37 weeks IF it doesn't move.

I had marginal placenta previa and it was > 3 cm away by 30 weeks.

Also, transverse was baby's position :) Good luck! I'm sure your PP will get out of the way!

Wss. had the same thing at my 20 week scan and by the 36 week placental site scan it had moved out of the way. My sonographer at the 20 week scan was worried, but my OB didn't care as she knew the stats and was right! So there's a small chance of needing a section, but you don't have complete placenta praevia and in all likelihood will be able to have a natural delivery.

I had a Lowlying placenta from 12 weeks.... Still touching my cervix at 20 weeks and at 32 weeks it was 8 cms away so all clear... Fingers crossed for you :D

usually they move, mine is 2cm away and they say im fine to do natural delivery! so hope they dont want to do c-section for you! and hope it moves a little more :)

Yup ^ what they said :)
I've got a low lying placenta too and have another scan at 32 weeks. Most will "move" out of the way by the time baby is ready. I say "move" because technically all that happens is that as things grow it stops being close to the cervix. Chances are you'll be fine and won't need a c-section, particularly as it isn't completely covering the cervix. Even if they find mine still close to the cervix they will scan me again before talking about a c-section, but won't let me go past 38 weeks due to the risk to us both if I go into early labour. Also, I wouldn't worry about they position of the baby until right until the end - they can and do move around a lot :)
Rx

Thanks heaps for all the replies. I feel a bit better now. Just have to wait and see what happens. Being informed sure helps! X

I had major placenta praevia diagnosed at 29 weeks - cervix was bang middle of my placenta but by 37 weeks it had moved up. The edge was under 1cm from cervix so still needed a csection (booked for 38+3) but I guess if mine could move that much then the chances are yours could move enough by 37 weeks too.

For all you ladies did your placentas move up

mine didnt :( had a c-section 9 weeks ago x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"