Low lying placenta

Hayles

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I had my 20 week scan today and the sonographer mentioned I had a low lying placenta. She didn't seem worried at all.. But when I read up on it it scared me! Should I just forget about it, I have a scan at 32 weeks but I'm a nervous wreck every time I'm pregnant lol
Any advice would be apriciated! Xx

I have one too. No need to worry until next scan - more often than not they migrate upwards so wouldn't worry unless there's definitely reason to x

I agree with the PP. I also had one and it moved. It's quite common to have one at such an early stage. Just follow up on it.

I have one and have a scan next week to see if it moved if not I go for another scan at 36 weeks and if it still hasn't moved then they consider csection.
I got told at my 20 week scan that 95% of the time they move

I had one at my 20 week scan. All was well when I got my next scan. As your belly grows, it'll stretch your placenta and move it away from your cervix.

I have 1 too. Mines anterior as well as low laying. So far I think it's quite common

My placenta was actually covering the cervix at about 14 weeks and 19 weeks, now at 24 weeks it's migrated away from the cervix but is still a bit low lying. I wouldn't be too worried about it at this point. You still have a -lot- of time for it to move as your placenta grows! Stay strong Hayles, things will be ok.

I also have one, and they aren't worried about it. Just have to have another uktrasound at 34 weeks. Worst case if it doesn't move up, and section may be required but as others have mentioned it usually moves up by then!

Thanks ladies! Feel much better now.. Here's to trying not to panic about every single thing lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->