Low lying placenta ?

donnarobinson

Mommy Of 3 Boys
Reaction score
I've just had my 20 week scan and I didn't have a full bladder didn't think I needed one she couldn't see properly because of this but has said I have a low lying placenta she said it was nothing to worry about and I've got another scan booked for 34 weeks but I am worried I've googled and obv Google isn't good but has anyone else had this X
Scan was great tho and he's healthy x

I also have a low lying placenta. I'm being scanned at 32 weeks to see if it has moved. Mine is on the front wall (anterior) which I was told is more worrying than posterior. Just because if it doesn't get moved they have to cut through it to get baby with a higher risk of haemorrhage. But I was told 90% of them are nice and out the way by 32 weeks. So I'm hoping it is. I really want my labour. Good luck to you too Hun 😃

Mine is also anterior I've just checked my notes she said where mine is it normally has moved Ino she said not to worry but I've read about no sex etc on google but she didn't mention no sex to me x

Thanks Hun lol
Do u stil feel baby move I've been feeling him but I struggle to find his heart beat in my Doppler

I didn't feel him move til I was about 21 weeks. I felt the odd knock but nothing much. Now he is all over the place lol. I don't struggle with the Doppler tho.

Don't worry ladies you are very early and many many women have low lying placentas at that time. All the bad stuff you read is if it doesn't move by the time you deliver and apparently like 90% of them move up as your belly grows. I had one but it also moved up by the later scan. Don't stress over it.

Don't worry ladies you are very early and many many women have low lying placentas at that time. All the bad stuff you read is if it doesn't move by the time you deliver and apparently like 90% of them move up as your belly grows. I had one but it also moved up by the later scan. Don't stress over it.

Thanks Hun, glad yours was well out the way. I never read mine. It was a consultant that told me. I have a retroverted uterus. So it's already against the odds 😕. And it's my 4th.. So the uterus can be baggy. Hoping this isn't the case tho

I had this with DD1 but it moved up enough for me to still have a natural birth. Didn't happen at all in DD2's pregnancy. I'm sure you'll be just fine! Google is awful for things like this you just get the worst case scenarios, try not to worry :hugs:

I also have a low lying placenta but she also said it was hard to tell as my bladder wasn't full (it felt it!) I'm not worrying until nearer the time xx

Mine was noted as being low at 12 weeks and is still only 1.5cm away, another cm to move for natural birth. Like the other ladies have said the vast majority move up out of the way with no issues with the uterus as it grows. Unfortunately mine is causing bleeds when it moves, 2 significant ones so far, the last one leaving a haematoma over the cervix but baby is completely fine and unaffected by it. They're just keeping a closer eye on me now.

More than likely it'll cause you no issues at all but just wanted to share that things can still progress normally even if you are in the small percentage that have any issues from it :flower:

Hey Hun I have an anterior placenta but it isn't low I haven't been told no sex, I think the only time they say no sex is if you have a bleed from it I wouldn't worry Hun and the worst thing you can do is ask google my MIL does this and panics and think she's dieing x

Thanks Hun yeh I'm sure it will be fine and hopefully move up quickly she did say mine didn't look to low but as I didn't have a full bladder she couldn't tell properly. X

At least u will get another scan to check Hun x

Yeh :) I'm glad to because I have big babies so I'll get a look and maybe a weight guess :) x

I've just had my 20 week scan and I didn't have a full bladder didn't think I needed one she couldn't see properly because of this but has said I have a low lying placenta she said it was nothing to worry about and I've got another scan booked for 34 weeks but I am worried I've googled and obv Google isn't good but has anyone else had this X
Scan was great tho and he's healthy x

Just had my 20 weeks scan.. the report mentioned that i have low lying placenta too.. was kinda worried about it, thank god that i have mummies with the same concern..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->