Low papp a?

laura_2010

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else has had this and the next pregnancy all OK and not high risk?

I had low papp a levels with my last pregnancy and blood results predicted high risk for DS (1-130). I had Harmony test done and everything came back low risk and I am holding a 14 week old healthy baby just now :) good luck

I had low papp a with my first pregnancy, he's now a healthy 3 year old. I had an amnio with him as he came back as high risk. With this current pregnancy my hormones are exactly as they should be and I came back incredibly low risk. apparently it comes down to the placenta, so one pregnancy doesn't really translate to the next.

Thank you for your replys so I could come back low risk this time I have 4 other children Inc twins which where all low risk only my last little one who I lost was high risk but knew something was wrong as I had very heavy bleeding from 6 weeks and then low bloods but nt scan was OK. .. I go on 11th so we will see xxx

Yep, no reason to think you won't. good luck, it's such a stressful thing to go through. Keep us updated

Good luck hun I will check back to see how things are if that's okxx

How are you getting on Laura? How was your follow up?

I've just found out I've got low Papp a as well. Came back with 1 in 110 chance of DS so had harmony test and awaiting results.

Hi results came yesterday and I'm low risk this time around.... 1 in 14495 chance
Last pregnancy was 1 in 126 so I had the harmony test but both times at the back of baby's neck has been a good just the bloods... the harmony test came back to me within 2 weeks and was all clear
.. it's a very stressful time for you isn't it xxx

That's brilliant news Laura, you must be relieved! Hope you don't mind me asking.... Did you ever find out anymore about your last pregnancy, or did you miscarry naturally after finding out you had low papp a and were higher risk for Down's?

My nuchal measurement was fine as well, 2mm, my increased risk is purely the low Papp a and its making me so nervous that I might loose the baby.

Thank you last time ito turned out She had trisomy 16 which is rare they say... it's untested for like in the harmony test which I did have and was told all clear.. so I thought everything was OK. .. it wasn't until 20 weeks scan they noticed she was a lot smaller and her bones where short I had to have more tests and my BP was very high and her heart rate. Which I had noticed since 10 weeks but they didn't listen to me I really did know there was something wrong. But babies with trisomy 16 would normally pass away before 12 weeks it's only so many that won't hence me.. this time around I was a lot more awear and told them lol. Finding out my risk is low is amazing and I feel blessed but still angry they didn't test more for me I have also read when I had low papp a that is can be normal too and no problems and they can sometimes read a high level. I did bleed a lot too early on and have high BP xxxx

Thanks for sharing, so sorry to read about what you went through loosing your baby girl. So great that all is well this time, wishing you best of luck with this pregnancy x

Laura - great news from the results, it is just the worst waiting for the results but I am so glad yours came back with good news :)

Mrs W 11 I wish you good luck with the results of your harmony testing, pleas let us know how you get onx

They said either end of last week or most likely early next week so I'm hoping Monday or Tuesday x

Awww not long Monday tomorrow :) hope you had a stressful weekend xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->