Low papp a?

Hi Lady3

Its such a hard time isnt it when you get the results back and you dont except it :cry:
I had no markers at my 12 weeks scan but did post on here about Heart rates from 8 weeks 4 days as it was around 180bpm and I was thinking this was high as well as the early bleeding which was terrible, I wasnt offered a cvs or anything as I did have the Harmony but didn't cover trisomisy 16 which id never heard of.... Im under the age limit being 28..
Then at 11 weeks HB was 180-190... and then at 16 weeks it was around 170 - mine at the moment is 150 and can go upto 160 if Im moving around. but more 150 max.
I went to my MW about this back then who did say thats on the high end, as I knew something wasnt right but they didnt listen to me..
I have booked my self in today for a well being scan so looking foward to that they check baby and measurements ect so will update later.... xxxxxx

Thanks Laura_2010. The heartbeat sounds very similar to mine and that's what's making me so nervous. In all, I know 1:111 isn't a huge risk, but the baby was pretty calm throughout the scan and still had a very high heart rate. I've decided to get a cvs as I can't wait until 16 weeks. Also I don't want to tell my other two children if I won't be able to carry this baby to term.

Thanks for your input. Best of luck for your well-being scan. Things seem to be going in the right direction but I know how worrying it all is!

Hi its hard isnt it but you have good 1.111 which is good... but it's the unknown I did bleed loads and I mean lots which wasn't good... and her size was very small 3 weeks behind.. scan went well andone she still measures ahead 20 weeks today so pleased which that last time the femur was very short which this time is nice and long....she weighed 326g which before at almost 24 weeks she was 330g which is a big difference for this time... she was head down too so not many good photos but I really wanted to know size that was all from 12 weeks has been a long wait I say we need more scans but I did have a gender scan at 16 weeks... I wish you lots of luck and here if you need a chat... when will your cvs be? I wish they offered me that as what dixie had is rare and more likely to win the lottery she said xxx

The CVS is on Wednesday morning. I should get the results 1-3 days after. I hope it's before the weekend as I'll be at work on Monday if results come in then.

Everything else looked good from what the sonographer could see however the baby wasn't really cooperating so the pictures weren't totally clear.

I've been scheduled for a 16 week ultrasound as well to do a detailed scan if the cvs comes back clear. I think it will be precautionary.

Great to hear your pregnancy continues to be so positive! It's so nice they're giving you the extra scans.

Lady sorry to hear you are now going through this worry aswell. Did they mention anything else other than your low Papp a? Mine was 0.27 so much lower than yours, nuchal was 2mm and hcg normal range. I was 1in 110 for trisomy 21 (Down's) but low risk for other trisomys. So I'm guessing there's something else putting you at risk too?

Try to focus on the fact that 1 in 111 is still less than a 1% chance of anything being wrong. 110 chances in 111 or over 99% chance all is fine with baby! Good luck with the cvs, let us know how you get on.

Laura- glad your well being scan went well!! Now you can relax and wait to enjoy your anomaly scan.

Lady sorry to hear you are now going through this worry aswell. Did they mention anything else other than your low Papp a? Mine was 0.27 so much lower than yours, nuchal was 2mm and hcg normal range. I was 1in 110 for trisomy 21 (Down's) but low risk for other trisomys. So I'm guessing there's something else putting you at risk too?

Try to focus on the fact that 1 in 111 is still less than a 1% chance of anything being wrong. 110 chances in 111 or over 99% chance all is fine with baby! Good luck with the cvs, let us know how you get on.

Laura- glad your well being scan went well!! Now you can relax and wait to enjoy your anomaly scan.

Hi Laura. The high risk could be to do with my age. I'm 36 and will be 37 when this baby is born. Or perhaps it was the higher heart rate of the baby during screening. She didn't really explain about why the risk was so high but said it was based mostly on my bloods. My HCG came back as .784 so not too bad, and from what I hear it's supposed to go down the further you get in pregnancy. It's when it goes up is when it shows an increased risk for DS.
Two more days until my cvs. I'm very nervous and questioning if it's the right thing to do over and over as the risk for the baby having it is lower than the miscarriage risk from the test. I feel I can't wait though as it's my third and I'm definitely starting to show and my other two kids are starting to ask questions. I would like to be able to tell them soon if this baby is ok. If we decide to wait until 16 weeks when we can get the more in depth scan, we will probably wait to tell them.

Hello ladies, just go in from my 20 week scan and consultant app. I am under dual care (midwife and consultant) due to developing preE with my son and getting induced at 34 weeks.

Scan was great. However at the consultant app he said that my downs came back v low risk ( I already knew this as id had the letter) but said that my PAPP-A came back trace (I cant remember the number exactly but I think it was 0.17) and he said I had extra scans booked for 30 + 36 weeks. All of this was news to me, no one else had said anything. All he said was it puts me a a slight risk of having a small baby.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Glad I am being monitored but slightly nervous about this now.

Hi Glad scan went well... Im not 100% as they never gave me a number for my low Pappp a but scan at 20 weeks shown very small baby and legs ect, I had preclamisa every pregnancy since my twins so will get induced this time around as well as small babies and step B :winkwink: So high risk that way.... Week today for my scan but already booked in for monthly scans which im glad there going to do...

Lady3 - All the best for tomorrow, ( Hope I got that right ) and update us... Every day seems to be so long this 3 weeks wait for my scan has been forever and I think having the kids home makes it harder but there back Monday then Scan tuesday.

As for me, I had another cheeky scan on Saturday spare of the moment thing..... and she managed to fit me in... so I had all measurements done and she was still a girl :haha: and was 20 weeks plus 1 day on saturday... and her femur was perfect and long, over all size was in the normal range and she was 226g which my little Dixie was 230g at almost 24 weeks... she had a good look and didnt see anything that stood out to be wrong,so was really pleased I went and had it and got a few 3d Photos too.

Hope your all ok xxxxx

Hi october9. I'm sorry you've joined this thread as well. I've only learned about the Papp-a numbers from obsessively googling since getting my scan last Friday. From what I know, my low Papp number, along with other contributing factors put my baby at a higher risk of having trisomy 13. I don't know what those factors are, but if you're hasn't come back, that's good.

I've also recently learned that low Papp-a can be a sign of a smaller baby or a low-performing placenta (although not much is known currently about this) so it's great you're being monitored. It's also possibly linked to pre-eclampsia so you may have had this with your son too. Do you know if they checked your Papp-a with him?

Laura, yes- good memory! My cvs is tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it. I don't feel I've been given much info at this time to make a full decision on if I will get it or not, but I'm going to the appointment. I'm going to ask the consultant a ton of questions about the initial results and ask to take a look at the baby's heart again. From that info, my husband and I will make a decision or not to get it done. Im most likely to do it, but need to be 100% certain what I'm doing is the right choice for me. This wait and decision making is awful, you're right!

I hope Tuesday comes very quickly for you.

Hi lady3

I hope your cvs goes well tomo, I cant imagine how stressful it is.

I dont know if they checked it with my son, today was the first I heard anything about it. Seems I'm on a need to know basis lol. I'm trying not to google or my anxiety will get the better of me. I'm already on aspirin and the doctor wants me to check my blood pressure every 2-4 weeks so going to ring my midwife tomo as I would rather have it in my notes.

I guess at this point the scans and the monitoring are the best I can hope for 😃 baby is going to be trouble I can feel it 😉

X

All the best then tomorrow, When I had to go in about my High risk DS I written down tons of questions and read them all off and wrote answers too, Just as they tell you so much its nice to come home and know what was said.
I think your doing the best thing by listening then seeing how the you then feel...
My placenta last time was very very poor nothing going to or from baby, as we was going to wait from her to be a viable size in my mind, but was in other hands, I also asked for a extra scan once more to be 100% and ask for another scanner to check as this is how I felt would make my mind up.
I had 2 docs sign it was the right decision I was told to do, but looking back now I had no info on this I was in hospital on one to one watching as my BP was out of control.
But to be fair they was unaware of her condition so was I really.
xxxxx

I ended up opting out of the CVS. My husband and I talked at length with the consultant and he gave me another scan. The heartbeat continues to be high at 180. It's above the "normal" range but he didn't notice anything else in the scan that concerned him.

Even though the chance of a miscarriage is small, after speaking with the consultant, we just didn't want to risk anything. We'll have a follow-up scan in 4 weeks time as the baby will be bigger (I'll be 17 weeks). He should be able to see any markers in the scan at that gestational age. And we can them decide if we want an amniocentesis.

Awww hugs to you.... pleased they didn't find any thing else on the scan which is good... did he say that baby can just have a faster heart rate? With my scan she had a white spot on her bowel which was called a bowl problem with trisomy 16 and also her femur where very small and other problem as well as low low fluid. How many weeks are you at the moment.
Let's hope the scan comes around fast for you to see baby again and get a Better idea... was baby moving around and some good pics?
For me I would have opted out cvs as I feel idifferent be the 1% that would have a mc and I'd say with the results you got seems good :) xxxxxx

I was 13+2 days at this scan. In the original scan given at 12+2, the heartbeat was 190 so it's gone down a little. I did ask him if he saw anything that would indicate why the baby's heart was so fast, but he said he didn't. Unfortunately, in the crazy, emotional moment, I forgot to ask if there were any reasons why it would be fast.

He did reassure me a lot though that he didn't see anything that would indicate trisomy 13 which left me feeling more positive. The baby was measuring on time too, which is great as my babies (I have 2 other children) have always measured on the smaller side, so I took that to be another good sign.

Every thing seems so good dosent it.. I did read online that bloods can either just be wrong or just come back with no problem with baby.. it's nice that baby is growing nicely on time too which is a good sign... :) at the moment my little one is around 150 and can go up to 160 at 20 weeks... before I'd never even think about the heart rate..
I hope the next few weeks Hury by for you for the next scan ect
Mines on Tuesday it cannot come fast enough I went docs today for a bp check and was fine which is good but she did say last pregnancy i was on bp tablets from 12 weeks as what my little one had wrong with her was to do with high BP too.
My other children have alll been smaller too.. heaveis being 6lb 10oz and smallest 3lb 1oz one of the twins they where born 34 weeks due to preclamsia and plectecta problems xxxx

Do you have a Doppler at home? I've been debating buying one just so I can have a better idea of what the heart is doing throughout the day and see the range. I don't know if it will make me more nervous though if it starts going super high again.

Yes got it from amazon and just keep buying the gel is listen in since 9 weeks so it's daily thing haha morning and night but since I'm now feeling her I don't do it as much... there never 100 % right tho... and they move so much it's trying to keep up with them hehe! But the best thing I brought it nice to listen in.. I've also rec them all since the twins as didn't do it with my first but rec them and shown them once there older... you can get once without a display or with... xxxx

Hi all -
Scan went fine, I didnt sleep much last night at all.. and was so nervous until my turn came, but everything looked fine she was measuring 21 week on time... a Smaller head but had this every-time and I have a Anterior Placenta this time which is new to me... She was 13oz which is around 330g I think... How are you all going Ladies? xxx :hugs:

Was just thinking of you as I thought you were having your scan today Laura. So glad to hear it went well today and has hopefully helped settle your fears now. Sorry you couldn't sleep well last night. What a stress isn't it?

I'm doing well. Cannot wait for the next appointment but am feeling optimistic that all will be ok. I've felt the baby start moving in the last few days and that's helped hugely.

Hi awww thanks yes stress out where I was just watching the time.... and then the odd silent with the scan lady seemed forever...
Awww glad your feeling baby amazing isn't it best feeling ever I'm laid here catching up on the soaps while she kicks then I find myself chatting away to her lol.... hope your next scan comes quick for you and keep us updated xxxx

Hi how are you all? I'm all good here waiting for 24 weeks scan so not long for that and my bp is all good too... hope all is well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->