Low papp a?

Hi ladies my little girl has now been born :) she was born 1st Aug I had been to see the consultant at 2.30 that afternoon and she have me a streach and sweap to 3cm from 1cm... I had lots of pains and went to hospital at 6.30 and then was 6cm I went straight to delivery suite and she was born at 8.40pm i had gas and air... she was 6lb 5oz and perfect il try and get a photo on for you all..... will be waiting for you others xxxx

Baby ceci this is today day 5 x

Attachments

• IMG_20160805_204333.jpg
    IMG_20160805_204333.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
Gorgeous!!! Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! X

Hi ladies, just read through this thread with interest because I too have low papp-a. I also have low free beta hcg and am high risk for Edwards syndrome.

We are doing the SAFE test (non invasive screening that's apparently more accurate than the combined test.)

Great to see many of you had happy outcomes!!

Hi ladies, just read through this thread with interest because I too have low papp-a. I also have low free beta hcg and am high risk for Edwards syndrome.

We are doing the SAFE test (non invasive screening that's apparently more accurate than the combined test.)

Great to see many of you had happy outcomes!!

Hope everything goes well for you x

Congratulations Laura! She's beautiful.

MK8 hoping for positive news for you. The wait is awful.

Thanks October9 and lady3. Its only been two days and its driving me crazy. I don't have a good feeling at all. Sigh.

But so pleased many if you have had good outcomes.

Laura - congratulations!!! She's gorgeous and fast labour! Well done x

Mk8 - I hope all turns out well for you. The waiting and worrying is so hard but try to stay positive. What was your Papp a do you know?

Can't believe my little man is nearly 4 weeks old but still not due to be born for another week! He is doing so well, was 5lb 2 at birth and is 6lb 11 today! <3

Laura - congratulations!!! She's gorgeous and fast labour! Well done x

Mk8 - I hope all turns out well for you. The waiting and worrying is so hard but try to stay positive. What was your Papp a do you know?

Can't believe my little man is nearly 4 weeks old but still not due to be born for another week! He is doing so well, was 5lb 2 at birth and is 6lb 11 today! <3

Hiya. My papp-a was 0.668iu/I equivalent to 0.294MoM so very low I think.

Hcg was 19.83iU/I equivalent to 0.395MoM.

Today I had an awful day. Just thought the results all day. I know worrying achieves nothing but it's so hard not to. Praying so hard that bubs will be OK.

Mine was very low too, 0.27 I think. And baby is asleep in my arms. During my pregnancy I bled through first tri, high downs risk at 12 weeks and low Papp a, placenta previa with bleeding and vasa previa, several hospital stays and all this after 3 ivfs to get pregnant! Against all the odds and baby was fine so try as much as you can to relax and not think the worst yet. Until you get the results nothing is certain x

Thanks Mrs W. You have been through quite a journey! I'm so pleased to see you had a happy ending. You give me hope.

I too bled a bit in first tri. I had a subchorionic haemorrhage by the sac and the fertility clinic told me at my early scans (5, 6, 8 weeks) that there were two cysts on my placenta. I had no idea what that meant. They said let's keep and eye but it can just happen. Each scan the cyst got smaller so it was absorbing itself. Wondering if all that is a sign something is up with my placenta. I guess I can only wait and see.

Looking back I believe my low Papp a was as a result of my abnormal placenta and it was the low Papp a (and my age) that gave me the high risk of Down's. So perhaps it could be your placental issues behind your result? When will you get your results?

Hopefully by Mon. I'm trying to stay optimistic but at same time trying to not get hopes up. So hard.

Hi ladies

Wanted to update you (and other readers who may come on here looking for information) that my SAFE test came back and indicated I was low risk of downs, Edwards and patau. So relieved.

But they said with low papp-a they need to do extra monitoring because of poss placenta issues. On top of that i also have gestational diabetes now.

Wondering what additional monitoring you had with low papp-a ladies. Also did you make any lifestyle changes and take any meds? Thanks for any info you can offer.

Hi ladies

Wanted to update you (and other readers who may come on here looking for information) that my SAFE test came back and indicated I was low risk of downs, Edwards and patau. So relieved.

But they said with low papp-a they need to do extra monitoring because of poss placenta issues. On top of that i also have gestational diabetes now.

Wondering what additional monitoring you had with low papp-a ladies. Also did you make any lifestyle changes and take any meds? Thanks for any info you can offer.

That's great news congratulations!!

I'm in the UK. Due to my low Papp-a and previous pre-,e, i Had to take aspirin from 12 weeks, Bp monitored every 2-4 weeks and extra growth scans at 30, 32, 34 and 36 weeks. Also have a consultant & day unit check today at 40+1.

No lifestyle changes made x

Thanks October! How far along are you now? Sorry if you have said before.

I called my midwife today and asked about aspirin but she said they don't suggest that and each hospital is different. Hmm...

I have scans at 28, 32 and 36 weeks. Nothing else for the moment.

I'm 40+1 today and consultant is happy to let me keep going as baby and placenta seem good so far.

I think there's mixed reviews with the aspirin. I stopped taking mine at 37 weeks so who knows how much it has helped x

Ohhhh not long until you meet little one!! Good luck with the delivery!!

Hey, just jumping in.
I had low papp-a and only got a "bonus" growth scan at 32 weeks because of it. Baby was/is perfect, she just came a bit small at 6.3 lbs :)

DS2 was born at 41+1 weighing 8lb 2oz. Not impacted by low Papp-a at all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->