Low papp a?

Thanks Mrs W. Baby is on the small side <10th percentile. So I have to go back in another 2 weeks and then see from there. If he grows at his own rate then he will be allowed to stay in. If not then I will be induced. But the doctor said it's likely i will be induced early anyway.

Luckily no signs of Pre-E at the moment.

Hi ladies glad to see speak haha to you all.. how do I know about my babies growth? They said she's on the smalleright size? Il take a photo of my notes for you... my last scan at 28 weeks she was 26 weeks .... measuring will update xxx

I think the only way to know about growth I think is to get scanned/ fundal height.

My little boy seems to be ok on generic growth charts but they are estimating him to be small on my personalised growth chart.

Hey ladies how is everyone?

Had my 32 week scan and baby seems to have had a growth spurt and is now doing better. Another scan in 34 weeks.

Hope everyone is ok x

Hi ladies... lovely news October :) brilliant bet you feel loads better... I have mine tomorrow just gone 32 weeks so we see if she has grown anymore... what did yours measure? Hope everyone else is ok xxxxxx where getting there ay xx

Hi ladies... lovely news October :) brilliant bet you feel loads better... I have mine tomorrow just gone 32 weeks so we see if she has grown anymore... what did yours measure? Hope everyone else is ok xxxxxx where getting there ay xx

I do thanks Laura. I was nearly in tears before the scan I was so worried. He's gone from an estimated weight of 3lbs to 4lbs 3oz in 2 weeks. He's just under the 50th percentile now. My first little boy was 4lb 6oz at birth at 34+6, so it's good to know that my second is nearly that at almost 3 weeks earlier.

Can't wait till he is here now and relax, I'm not one that enjoys this pregnancy lark, too much anxiety.

I hope yours goes as well as mine and your little lady is growing well x

Hi Update..
All looking good - She was 4lb 10oz so put on some nice weight - im back onto the line today which is good so on with to the next scan at 26 weeks... was your first little boy come on his own? xx

Wow good weight!

My first was induced as I developed PreE and he was small.

I had low Papp-A with my first child but completely normal everything with my second.

I had off-the-charts low Papp-A with my first child. It was 0.18. This was before the blood testing for chromosonal disorders. We also didn't get an amnio so it was an anxious few months before birth. We got monthly ultrasounds to check for problems, but everything looked A-OK. My daughter was born completely healthy and is now 5 years old.

At age three, we did notice that her eye seemed to cross randomly at times. We later found out she had Duane's Syndrome, which is a super rare birth defect where the nerves to one eye don't develop all the way. So DD does not have a full range of motion in her left eye. It doesn't affect her vision and is barely noticeable, so it is not a huge deal at all.

I think there was a correlation between my daughter's low-Papp A and the Duane's Syndrome. I feel so lucky that she ended up with such a minor issue instead of something more serious.

Wow good weight!

Thanks soo excited now its getting close... Just had my Pushchair arrive today too Eeekkkk!! :happydance:
I had Pre-c with my twins they where born 34 weeks and weighed Twin 1 Girl was 3lb 13oz and Twin 2 Boy he was 5lb 1oz.
Crazy this little one is almost on step with my little man... How much do they say they gain a week-ish?
Hows your BP this time? Mines all good at the mo, I lost 5 stone before my BFP this time around and seemed to have helped even tho I have put weight on il soon loose it pushing the pushchair on walks ect xxxx

I had low Papp-A with my first child but completely normal everything with my second.

I had off-the-charts low Papp-A with my first child. It was 0.18. This was before the blood testing for chromosonal disorders. We also didn't get an amnio so it was an anxious few months before birth. We got monthly ultrasounds to check for problems, but everything looked A-OK. My daughter was born completely healthy and is now 5 years old.

At age three, we did notice that her eye seemed to cross randomly at times. We later found out she had Duane's Syndrome, which is a super rare birth defect where the nerves to one eye don't develop all the way. So DD does not have a full range of motion in her left eye. It doesn't affect her vision and is barely noticeable, so it is not a huge deal at all.

I think there was a correlation between my daughter's low-Papp A and the Duane's Syndrome. I feel so lucky that she ended up with such a minor issue instead of something more serious.

Thanks for your Post CaliDreaming, Just shows it can affect in all different ways - Glad your Daughter is healthy, It does put the scare in us tho having results come through as either unknown or low something.
Im very very thankful this time I didnt get a low result but still hasnt been a easy time at all, it feels forever getting to where I am now and I really do wish each day to go :wacko: as each day makes me feel a step further xxxx

Wow good weight!

Thanks soo excited now its getting close... Just had my Pushchair arrive today too Eeekkkk!! :happydance:
I had Pre-c with my twins they where born 34 weeks and weighed Twin 1 Girl was 3lb 13oz and Twin 2 Boy he was 5lb 1oz.
Crazy this little one is almost on step with my little man... How much do they say they gain a week-ish?
Hows your BP this time? Mines all good at the mo, I lost 5 stone before my BFP this time around and seemed to have helped even tho I have put weight on il soon loose it pushing the pushchair on walks ect xxxx

I think it's half a lb a week now, sure i read that somewhere. My BP is fine, tbh it was only raised for me last time, my biggest issue was major protein (+4 by the time I was told to go the hospital) but other thank some leukocytes I've been ok so far. Hopefully it will continue going well for both of us x

How are any of the current mums doing? Had another growth scan today and still doing well x

Good to hear your scan went well October!

I'm having my c section tomorrow!! Last growth scan baby was 5lb 12oz at 34 weeks so my low Papp a definitely wasn't linked to iugr! I do have vasa previa though so an abnormal placenta, hence the early delivery so I think mine was linked that that.

Glad your scan went well :) how big?
Wow tomorrow all the best it's come around so fast hadn't it.... I was in hospital last night I had a bleed and lost so yucky blood stuff Iv added a photo on the 3rd tri TMI haha... but my bp was up also so has to stay in... I have my scan in 2 weeks but home on tablets and weekly bp and will see the consultant in 2 weeks for a set plan eeekkk unless she appears before still having cramps xxxx

Bless you, hope she holds on a bit longer for you! X

How exciting Mrs W, hope all goes well!

My little one is estimated at 5lb 1oz at 34+1, so just under half a lb a week. Back again in 2 more weeks and then I will hopefully get an idea of what they will allow in terms of birth I.e induction or what not.

I'm also showing no signs of PreE which is great. Fingers crossed for us all x

Awww lovely it won't be long for us know.... cramps went to ok at the moment but got more increased cm. They told me anything from 6lb to 7lb based on my last scan... 2 weeks and counting haha.

My sons 3rd birthday is in 3 weeks so I need to start focusing on that lol

Hi all. Sorry I haven't posted in so long but it's great to see everyone doing so well. I'm now 30 weeks and everything is ticking right along. I've been signed off the consultant caseload and had no more scans since 21 weeks when all looked as it should. I'm currently with the home-based midwife care and hoping for a homebirth as everything is looking good and baby is healthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->