Low post-O temps = Low Progesterone?

Vestirse

Maker of the boobie booze
Reaction score
Hi, I've know I've read about this, and I wanted to see if anyone else thought it was true. My temps post-O have been low (of course) and I am thinking of using natural progesterone cream. Opinions?

Oh, if anyone is interested, here is a link to my chart of Fertility Friend: https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/22629e

Hi, I've know I've read about this, and I wanted to see if anyone else thought it was true. My temps post-O have been low (of course) and I am thinking of using natural progesterone cream. Opinions?

I'm not sure what you mean you seem to be getting the thermal shift and your temps looks normal?

I agree, looks really good to me! If you mean they are lower than average for women in general, I wouldn't worry. Mine are, too. My coverline is 97.2... Post O around 97.8, pre O around 96.8. If I take a temp mid day I'm lucky to get 98.2 and I have a fever if I am at 99! I put it down to my SLOOOOOW metabolism. I have always struggled to stay at decent weight -- I look at chocolate and it heads straight for my thighs! :rofl::rofl:

Glad this came up, I'd started noticing that my temps seem lower than most other people's. Glad to accept it as a theory for my weight problem too lol!

I have always thought my temps were really low as well, just never knew why. Should we be going to the the docs?

SCIENCE LESSON WARNING!! :amartass: hehe

I'm no doc, but have a very strong background in biology. Having a slower metabolism actually can make sense from a evolutionary biology point of view (if you buy that sort of thing). Means you store fat easier and go through your stores more slowly. Those of us cursed with this would have been in good shape in caveman times b/c we could get through lean times better w/o starving.

EVERYthing in biology is on bell curve (hair color, skin color, height, etc). Having variations in BBT is normal, too. I would be shocked if our low BBT is anything to worry over... but ask your doc next time you are there, just in case! :)

i think ur temps look fine aswell hun...ff say it doesnt matter wot ur temps are as long as they show a clear O rise and ur's defo does that !! i wudnt start messin around with creams or anything like this, if u go on the chart gallery on ff u can serch for others with low post O temps and some of them are very low...as long as more stay above ur coverline after O then ur fine :)

SCIENCE LESSON WARNING!! :amartass: hehe

I'm no doc, but have a very strong background in biology. Having a slower metabolism actually can make sense from a evolutionary biology point of view (if you buy that sort of thing). Means you store fat easier and go through your stores more slowly. Those of us cursed with this would have been in good shape in caveman times b/c we could get through lean times better w/o starving.

EVERYthing in biology is on bell curve (hair color, skin color, height, etc). Having variations in BBT is normal, too. I would be shocked if our low BBT is anything to worry over... but ask your doc next time you are there, just in case! :)

Just as well, having a bit of a lean time at the mo with needing to go shopping. Third day without choccy biscuits today, good job I'm carrying this extra weight to survive ;)

Gem x

i think they look fine too mine are lower then that pre ov so i'm sure you have nothing to worry about x

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

I know I see a clear temp shift, I'm just so worried that I could be doing something else to help me get that BFP. My temp hasn't risen as much as I've seen others rise, but I know every woman is different. I first became worried when I noticed my LP was 11, maybe 12 days and while that's within the normal range, it's on the low end, right? And I usually spot a day or so before AF. Some women who had low progesterone mentioned having similar symptoms. I've only been charting for three months, but having been TTC for longer than that and have only had one cycle (cycle before this) where post-O temps were quite high.

In addition, my mother has PCOS and that makes me extra worried that I have it too. I'm asymptomatic though if I do. Is that possible? To have it and be asymptomatic? My GP/doctor doesn't want to see me in her office until it's been a year (or I fall pregnant), so I've got a few months to go.

Ok, so all in all, I am probably just a worry-wart :( I think I will forego the cream this cycle and if I don't get my BFP reconsider it next cycle. I probably also need to stop self-diagnosing myself every second. Thank you all!

Ok, so all in all, I am probably just a worry-wart :( I think I will forego the cream this cycle and if I don't get my BFP reconsider it next cycle. I probably also need to stop self-diagnosing myself every second. Thank you all!

:rofl: Well, you'll fit in fine here. I think we all worry about things we could be doing wrong/better to hurry along that :bfp:!

Dunno much about PCOS. However, I think your LP is probably fine. Supposedly anything 10 days and longer can sustain a pg. I think there have been a few on here who have gotten pg with shortish LP.

Is your doc going to make you wait a year despite the fact that you're charting?? My doc was going to make me wait a year until he saw I had been charting from early on. Then he said 6 months.

Unfortunately yes. I don't know how much stock she puts in charting, but I told her I was charting after I started and she waved it away. I've only talked to her once about this though and she's really nice actually. I'm sure if I bring on the tears, she'll see me. My husband is kind of with her though (although he thinks ten months), so I don't want to seem more insane than I already am!

So I'm waiting... kind of patiently. Ok, not really well at all, but I'm horrible at this. If you've never looked up the definition of instant gratification, you should because my picture is beside it.

If nothing has happened in the next two months though, I might re-think my position.

Maybe my doc was just being nice b/c I'm close to the 35 yo mark (almost 33).

Listen to your gut... if in a few months you feel you need to talk with her, make her listen! :grr:

In the meantime, we can wait impatiently together. :hugs:

Thanks! I'm 26, so I am sure she'll think I'm crazy for worrying already if I call her again. My hubby already thinks I am. Actually he thought I was crazy BEFORE he married me so I maintain that he needs to be quiet and listen to me whine. He means well though - he doesn't want my head exploding...

Here's to waiting impatiently! :headspin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->