Low sperm count??

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
For those who DH had/currently have low sperm count how often did you BD? How long did it take for you to conceive? What were your numbers? Were there any other course of actions you had to take?
Please ladies share your success stories. I feel like I'm grasping at straws and feel like I'm losing all hope :(

Hi my dh didn't have a massively low count was 40mil if I remember but had low motility and high viscosity. Alot of reading recommends every other day rather than daily when count low. We tried to concentrate on doing one good timed bd so not to deplete supplies more before ovulation. Both times I got a bfp (first ended in mc) we used mucinex and I swear that's what did it as had ten unsuccessful cycles before then

Hi my dh didn't have a massively low count was 40mil if I remember but had low motility and high viscosity. Alot of reading recommends every other day rather than daily when count low. We tried to concentrate on doing one good timed bd so not to deplete supplies more before ovulation. Both times I got a bfp (first ended in mc) we used mucinex and I swear that's what did it as had ten unsuccessful cycles before then
Thank you so much for replying. I'm looking for more success stories. I'm so worried about this.
:/

Mine if I ask what your dh numbers are? We conceived our dd after 10 months, it felt like an age at the time and I was so so worried too

Mine if I ask what your dh numbers are? We conceived our dd after 10 months, it felt like an age at the time and I was so so worried too

He hasn't gotten tested yet but he highly suspects he has low sperm
:(
He's trying to quit smoking

Why does he suspect low count? There are at home sperm count kits you can use if you aren't ready for a formal SA. The home kits don't tell you important info though like motility and morphology so they can be misleading that way.

I've read BDing EOD is the way to go for low count. Gives him time to build back up again.

We're unexplained and still TTC so I can't give you a success story. Good luck!

Why does he suspect low count? There are at home sperm count kits you can use if you aren't ready for a formal SA. The home kits don't tell you important info though like motility and morphology so they can be misleading that way.

I've read BDing EOD is the way to go for low count. Gives him time to build back up again.

We're unexplained and still TTC so I can't give you a success story. Good luck!

He smokes cigs and we have read everywhere that it can drastically lower sperm count. I've talked to OBGYN about at home kits and it's not accurate at all.

I don't think you should worry about a low sperm count until you actually know your dealing with one. Maybe the next step would be to get tests done if you have been ttc with no luck for a while

Yep if it makes you feel any better my DH smoked lots of weed, drank lots of alcohol, was an avid cyclist, took regular hot baths and came out with a very high sperm count. So I wouldn't worry to much about things that you don't know for sure are a problem for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->