low sperm the rest of the results update :)

lornapj83

Love my babies
Reaction score
ok my oh had a sperm test on wednesday the doc left him a ansewer phone message and said there not bad so yesterday he managed to talk to the doctor and he said it should be 15 million per ml but my oh has 7million per ml he said its not bad either that we still can conceive has anyone else had this sperm this low and conceived naturally the doctor is sending all the results out so i can update with all the other bits but the doc said the rest of the test was really good its just low what you guys think ?? my oh is so upset and not in a good place i keep reasuring him and the doctor has too
i also put this post in the ttc bit but no answers :(

Don't want to read and run.. but I really don't have any answers. I have no idea what my hubby's sperm count is, sorry.

If the doc said it's fine, then I'm sure he knows what he's talking about.

To help your OH cope with this, maybe he could start doing things to possibly improve his sperm count? There are many websites out there describing what causes low sperm count and how to possibly bring it up a bit. (Ex: https://www.lowspermcount.org/)

My boyfriend had low counts...can't remember exactly but it was under the 20 million "normal" count. Well...it took us a year, but we did conceive naturally! So it is possible, just may take longer. :)

It may take a bit more time... but then again, maybe not! lol. I have a friend who conceived very quick, even after the doctor told her it would take a bit longer than usual... but only took 3 mos! I've also seen other BNB members conceive even though hubby has lower count/motility/morphology.

I would ask for for the Motility/Morphology as well... those can be more important than just the count. If they are healthy and strong swimmers- then there is a good chance one will get where it needs to be!!!

Best of luck!!!

My boyfriend had low counts...can't remember exactly but it was under the 20 million "normal" count. Well...it took us a year, but we did conceive naturally! So it is possible, just may take longer. :)

thank you we have been ttc for 13 months now :) and congrats

It may take a bit more time... but then again, maybe not! lol. I have a friend who conceived very quick, even after the doctor told her it would take a bit longer than usual... but only took 3 mos! I've also seen other BNB members conceive even though hubby has lower count/motility/morphology.

I would ask for for the Motility/Morphology as well... those can be more important than just the count. If they are healthy and strong swimmers- then there is a good chance one will get where it needs to be!!!

Best of luck!!!

hes waiting for the letter about motility and morphology ill update when he recieves the letter :)

im really chuffed and happy ok update
my ohs sperm morphology is 7% the average is 4% so hes nearly double that
his motility they put the percentage of rapid and sluggish together but ill explain both he has 40% rapid and 32% sluggish so all together his motility forward progression is 72% and the doc says average of them both is 50% together so hes up again :) his non progression is 8% and imotile is 20%
on the letter it says viability is np which im not sure what np means but i was thinking no problem maybe his ph is normal too
it says discosity fluid normal
colour normal
anti sperm and antibody is normal so all in all its all good the doc is happy with his results and even though he has 7million instead of the average 15 mil the rest of his test are really good :)

Hello!
Just seen your message and registered so that I could reply. My DH had an SA early December after having had a reversal and it was only 3million per ml. We don't know the motility as the sample was sent off to the clinic where we had the vr done and it was too cold and old by the time it got there! Anyway got my BFP on Wednesday, so there's hope. DH has been on lots of vitamins since the vr , but a couple of months ago we added omega 3 and siberian ginseng- who knows if this helped...

xx

Hello!
Just seen your message and registered so that I could reply. My DH had an SA early December after having had a reversal and it was only 3million per ml. We don't know the motility as the sample was sent off to the clinic where we had the vr done and it was too cold and old by the time it got there! Anyway got my BFP on Wednesday, so there's hope. DH has been on lots of vitamins since the vr , but a couple of months ago we added omega 3 and siberian ginseng- who knows if this helped...

xx

aww congrats on the BFP and thank you you have put my mind at rest my oh is on vitamins and minerals the a to z ones thank you so much :) and happy and healthy 9 months :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->