Low supply and lazy feeder at 3 months...help me up my supply!

Mrs_T

Reaction score
Hi all.

My little boy is 3 months old and I have always felt like my supply has been a little low, but this last week it has dropped really badly to the point where he's still hungry after a feed and getting very cross!

I really don't wanna have to give up or supplement too much, so I need help with upping my supply.

Yesterday I tried pumping or feeding him every 1.5 hours, but then found when he did feed from me, he wasnt getting much at all. He is a very lazy nurser and will never 'work' for his milk, which doesn't help!

It's very frustrating as I breastfed my daughter for 10 months and never had supply issues!

Anyone help me?

Perhaps try fennel tea and mothers milk tea. Porridge is good to boost your supply too.

I've just bought some fenugreek tablets and did wonder about mother's milk tea...have you used them?

I used to drink fennel tea to help my newborn with wind and I ate pat biscuits to help my milk come in!

Thanks everyone! I'll be back on the porridge for breakfast and might make some flapjacks too!

What about pumping...does it really help boast supply or am I wasting my time??

Thanks everyone! I'll be back on the porridge for breakfast and might make some flapjacks too!

What about pumping...does it really help boast supply or am I wasting my time??

It caused me to have an oversupply so if it seems to be working then I would think theres no harm in it if your attempting to boost supply. I would try and get him to suckle or paci as much as possible as well.

I would have him suckle and paci as much as possible. It could be that he is just fussing because he's trying to up your supply and it makes him grouchy. I would also consider seeing a lactation consultant to make sure there's not another problem maybe causing these issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->