Lower back pain

T

turbo_mom

So today I was painting some walls and doors at my work so I was bending up and down quite a bit. now that ive had time so sit and eat and relax I find that getting up or bending down is causing alot of pain and discomfort.. Its right down almost in my tail bone. I have bad hips and have had this back pain before. I see my doctor tomorrow too so is it something that I can talk to her about? I'm just getting tired of it :( It will only get worse as the months progress...

Definitely talk to your doc about it. But there are also things you can do to help with back pain. There are numerous exercises for pregnant women such as "Pelvic Tilts" which REALLY help out.

Talking of exercise I still havent done any - I am meaning to start swimming at end of month when I get paid. So hopefully I do

Well i'll mention it to her and see if she can give me some advice. It was even painful getting up off the couch and walking up the stairs. It's a little bettre today but thats probably because I had my OH rub me down with tiger balm. But I wouldnt mind doing some stretches for sure and I should go swimming some time. I love to swim :D

turbo---mom
come on === dont u know better than to bend over too much---just kidding ---anyway--- avoid bending down so much---seriously----that will help prevent the pain ---but as its done and over with ----what can u do===the pain will ease within time of course--- hopefully not longer than a day or two=-=as back pain is the worst====i'm actually having some right now too---super low ---i'm guessing he's doing a number on my back where my hip bones are or something

what i would do differently if i were u would be to simply have someone place the paint can where u wont have to bend over ===also when u pick up things---its always easier when they arent completely on the floor unless ur standing up and then kneeling down to pick it up as opposed to bending over---- but hey thats just me--- i cant bend over very well anymore without putting pressure on my back or stomach---

lol princess funny girl :p

Yeah it was only a one day thing that painting. I just wanted to make some extra money (good thing too I take my cats in next week to get fixed) and my body is not used to it (haven't done painting since I got pregnant) and yeah even though I wasn't bending that much it still took it's toll on me. When I pick things up I usually squat or hold onto something when I bend over. And hopefully soon I can start doing some modified work duties!!!
But I just wasn't sure with the pain in my back/hip if I should talk to my doctor about it. Or see if it's safe to see a chiropractor.

I asked my doc because I have been having some lower back pain and hip pain mostly from sleeping at night, but anyway, she said that you can take some tylonol(sp) and that should help:) Or take a warm, not hot, bath to ease your muscles and use a heating pad or something of the sort on your lower back or wherever it hurts and lay down for a half hour to an hour. Just what she told me to do, maybe it could help you too:)

lol princess funny girl :p

Yeah it was only a one day thing that painting. I just wanted to make some extra money (good thing too I take my cats in next week to get fixed) and my body is not used to it (haven't done painting since I got pregnant) and yeah even though I wasn't bending that much it still took it's toll on me. When I pick things up I usually squat or hold onto something when I bend over. And hopefully soon I can start doing some modified work duties!!!
But I just wasn't sure with the pain in my back/hip if I should talk to my doctor about it. Or see if it's safe to see a chiropractor.

---lol === if it makes u feel better i've gotten the back pain too ---its like no matter how careful u r u still get it =-== like yest. i had it a lot and maybe twice before but they never last more than a few days--- and of course like seattlemama said warm soothing showers or baths really help esp. if DH is kind enough to give u a back massage in the shower ---lol ---personally i luv it when mine does and it does wonders

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->