Lower back pain...

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
...I have read all over the place that lower back pain in the first trimester is normal, but I had no idea it would be this bad. I was up most of the night last night because there was just not a comfortable way to lay in my bed.

It's mostly on the right side, and it's the back of my hips. Sometimes it seems to radiate into my butt.

Anyone else having a hard time with lower back pain?

I am dealing with this now too. It is uncomfortable to sit or stand. When I stand for too long, I get really crampy all over. When I sit, my back just throbs. I feel better laying down but my legs gets really restless when I lay down. Growing a human is tough work - I forgot how challenging the first trimester is.
I refuse to believe it is because I have....aged. :haha:

Hahahahaha! Yes, being 36 this time around has crossed my mind! I was 26 when I had my son. I don't remember this amount of back pain this early. It's almost a stabby pain at times on the right side. When I feel that spot, there is a HUGE knot there! And it's right over the bump of my hip bone.

Yes! I've noticed back pain from time to time, but today when I bent down (only slightly, too!) to get something from the filing cabinet at work I thought I was going to pass out. Sharp, stabbing pain right above my tailbone. Makes sleeping very difficult.

I have sciatica (which is what this sounds like) and it's gotten way worse since being pregnant, and I'm only 23. It use to be just through my back and butt but now it is through my hip and half of my leg.

I have had back pain since before I got my BFP over a week ago. At first it felt like a pulled something in my back because I could barely bend over. It's gotten somewhat better but it's still uncomfortable when I sit, lean over or if I stay in bed in the same position too long.

I hope you guys feel better soon, I have RA so I know that joint and back pain sucks. I've oddly felt the best as far as that goes since I've gotten pregnant than I have in years. It does all kinds of strange and wonderful things to us.

I have fibromyalgia and feel the same way lucky. It's lovely.

I'm having it too McGee! Btw I think I remember you from another topic last year lol. My doctor is saying it has nothing to do with my pregnancy, but my lower back didn't start hurting until Saturday and I found out I was pregnant on Thursday so idk... She says it's my weight but it didn't hurt before then lol.

I have fibromyalgia and feel the same way lucky. It's lovely.

I have Fibro as well!
I had read that the hormones in pregnancy actually will alleviate the symptoms of fibro. I have yet to experience this...

I have some back pain as well. It is more towards my left side and I still have some pressure on my left side on my stomach.

Oh the joys of pregnancy!!! I had bad back pain right from the beginning, and it didnt let up until I got my snoogle (maternity pillow) (got the pillow at 15 w)I was up all through the night every night, couldnt sleep...my hips hurt bad too...now I can sleep through the whole night and only deal with back pain mainly in the day!!!! get yourself a Snoogle, you wont regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->