Lower Back Pain

WackyMumof2

Reaction score
I'll be 17 weeks Monday and my lower back is so tender it's not funny! Is this normal? I don't ever recall my back feeling like this with my first 3. But I also have a lower back injury too. I mean, I don't look pregnant really - a lot of it is fat from a sweet tooth and my love of freshly baked breads and 3 previous pregnancies. If I am lying down I don't have much of a bump as my belly settles. I don't know if it's normal, or my old injury playing up. I THINK this baby is sitting in my back which doesn't help the injury but I also have no energy either. I used to go up and down 2 flights of stairs numerous occasions this time last year at around 34 weeks and didn't loose my breath - except this time. 1 trip and I am f**ked!

I've had bad lower back pain on and off too since the beginning. I worry every time but baby is still fine so I think it's what you said and we're carrying towards the back - I'm also not showing and I'm 18+3. When my back is unbearable I take two paracetamol. And try not to do too much (hard with three kids I realise!)

I've had bad lower back pain on and off too since the beginning. I worry every time but baby is still fine so I think it's what you said and we're carrying towards the back - I'm also not showing and I'm 18+3. When my back is unbearable I take two paracetamol. And try not to do too much (hard with three kids I realise!)

It's kinda scary because I decided to read a random artical about fetal death and what to look for so although I KNOW baby is fine, the pain in my lower back makes me feel heavy. :( I might go see the doctor tomorrow after work just to hear baby's heartbeat for reassurance.

As for the rest, the 3 kids isn't the problem. 2 go to school. It's the crap I get stuck into and I don't take time out to sit and relax. :haha: It's housework, dealing with everyone else's shit etc which means me time and my study goes by the wayside. :nope:

I can totally sympathise with you. I have SI joint failure which for the last week has been an immobile oramorph taken daze. It's getting better day by day but it is not fun when your pregnant, have kids and a job.

I hope your feeling better soon x

I can totally sympathise with you. I have SI joint failure which for the last week has been an immobile oramorph taken daze. It's getting better day by day but it is not fun when your pregnant, have kids and a job.

I hope your feeling better soon x

Thank you. :)

Ooh you sound like your more uncomfortable than me. Hope you begin to feel better soon too. :hugs: But no, being pregnant while having other kids and a job to do (be it employed or a full-time mother) it's still exhausting.

It's no fun at all. It's certainly made me question my decision to have another baby haha! It's worth it in the end. :)

It's no fun at all. It's certainly made me question my decision to have another baby haha! It's worth it in the end. :)

That's all it takes isn't it? <3

And it looks like I have a due date buddy too. ;)

My back ached after my first pregnancy for about 9 months. Exercise helped it but like you i like my food. Im not huge but about a stone bigger than i should be. Ive been achy alot already this pregnancy. Get headsches because my backs tense and i think i even have a trapped nerve under my shoulder blade at the moment. I guess the more babies we have the weaker the body is in places. I just take baths and walk regular now to hopefully keep weight off. I do like to exercise walking wise and i try do 1-2 mile walks most days with my toddler. X

laura109 I can't even remember the last time I had the shower to myself! :( But a nice, hot shower over an achy back (and a pulled shoulder) doesn't sound like such a bad idea at all. Supposed to see a Physiotherapist but among everything that needs to be paid as well as getting ready for a baby, I don't have any spare money to do that so I might just go back to my GP and let him know I've rested it but we might need to ultrasound it after all seeing that steroids and anti-inflammatories (which would have been in his 'quick-fix plan') are out due to pregnancy. Add to the current never ending list, I have a script to pick up for more test strips for blood sugars, paracetamol, iron tablets and asthma inhalers for myself. Urgh, I hate feeling useless - and broke. :cry: Just trying to focus on this month to get the last of the big shit out of the way. Out of milk until tomorrow afternoon so off to a mate for morning coffee, dump the little guy so I can have a few hours of uninterrupted study and I think I will throw in a nice, long shower with that. If DS3 didn't get so whinny then hubby would be more than happy to parent for a few hours for me but if I'm in the house, then DS3 wants me and he will cry until he gets it. And let's face it, a crying baby doesn't NOT help that time one needs to study. :( I try to walk but not too far or too often because it causes my calf muscles to cramp up and it makes walking painful.

I know i often end up with a toddler lurking in the bathroom. I try at the weekends to escape for a whole whilst her daddy watches her. It's overwhelming isn't it sometimes. We've got to move our daughter into the bigger bedroom to free up the cot etc which means new carpet, painting, new bed and wardrobe. We have to do all that with a child under our feet because our familiar are not interested in helping out they would never see my daughter if I didn't take her to them. It will only get better for us I hope lol!! Im dreading nursery runs starting next month i can just see dd picking up stomach bugs and colds and me waddling to fetch her till the week before im due lol!! All good fun. Hope things get a little easier for you soon x

I know i often end up with a toddler lurking in the bathroom. I try at the weekends to escape for a whole whilst her daddy watches her. It's overwhelming isn't it sometimes. We've got to move our daughter into the bigger bedroom to free up the cot etc which means new carpet, painting, new bed and wardrobe. We have to do all that with a child under our feet because our familiar are not interested in helping out they would never see my daughter if I didn't take her to them. It will only get better for us I hope lol!! Im dreading nursery runs starting next month i can just see dd picking up stomach bugs and colds and me waddling to fetch her till the week before im due lol!! All good fun. Hope things get a little easier for you soon x

Oh man. This is just beginning to suck. Out of bed at 7:30am, DS2's Ritalin was misplaced so it was out the door at 8am to try and located it and I have only just gotten home at 6pm tonite. So still no shower and it's not looking like I will get that to myself. I just want to have some time to myself to feel good but with DS3 being at that 10 month old tantrum stage, it's not looking like it will be a feel good shower. I haven't even managed to get some study in - I have 3 units due in 3 weeks so I'm going to have to fight the pain in my shoulder as I still haven't managed to get my Medical yet. :cry: Going to sit down for a hour later and come Hell or high water, I am doing something. DS3 can scream until he's blue in the face or go to sleep! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->