Lower but doubling hcg levels? Should I worry?

kittiyara

Mommy to JD
Reaction score
Im worried my levels are a bit on the low side but they are certainly doubling with a rate of 36 hours. Should I be worried?

18dpo = 170
20 dpo = 419

Hi there!

I was reading What to Expect When You're Expecting yesterday... among many other things... and they were all making the same point. Not to worry about your exact level of HCG, but that it is doubling in the right amount of time (every 48 hours in early pregnancy). Because HCG levels can vary so vastly from woman to woman... one might have a beta reading of 69 on 14dpo, and another might have a 169. But as long as they're doubling, that is what matters!

Try not to worry so much, but I know it's hard!! :thumbup:

Do not worry about the number and the DPO. Just because you ovulated that long ago does not mean the egg fertilized and returned to your uterus on an exact schedule. It varies for how long this can take. As long as it is doubling, it is good.

Thank you ladies! Ive had a few chemical pregnancies and my pessimism is getting the best of me. Happy and Healthy 9 months!

Nope! I was on the low end of normal hcg levels and I'm 14 weeks along with a beautiful healthy baby. Stop worrying and hopefully you'll have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

Just wanted to update for anyone out there that my next and last draw was 2953 at 5 weeks 5 days. Its still on the low side but I had an ultrasound that day and saw a flicker of a heartbeat. A week later I had another ultrasound with a blatant heart beat so I guess its okay! Fingers crossed its sticky for 7 more months!

That's great news! Congrats!

Such awesome news, congrats happy and healthy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->