LP defect and B6 - Help

TTTC2

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and hoping for some advice.

I came of the pill and am now on my 7th cycle ttc. The first 6 have been irregular - 37, 35, 29, 26, 29, 37.

I realised when I started using OPKs on the 5th cycle that I had a LP of around 10 days which I read was verging on too low to implant.

Last month therefore I started taking pregnacare and supplementing this with an extra 40mg of B6 as I heard that a minimum of 50mg is good for extending your LP.

However to my shock - my cycle went up from ovulating on CD 18/19 and 29 days to CD 28 and 37 days!!!

So not only had my cycle lengthened but my LP looks like it even shortened by 1 day.

I also had odd side affects like some of my finger nail beds lifting.

So now I'm really stuck with what to do. Do I stop taking the vitamins but then my LP will stay short. Or do I keep taking them in the hope that it takes a while for them to improve your LP but risk that it gives me another ridiculously long cycle and doesn't even help with my LP and my finger nails keep lifting??

I had blood tests done which are apparently 'normal' but I don't see how they can know this when my cycle is irregular. I really wish I could just talk to someone who is a fertility expert as I feel my Doctor doesn't really know about this level of detail and doesn't give me enough time to talk.You just get 5 minutes and then are herded out of the door!!

Would much appreciate some advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->