Lubricant-KY

Pulirula

Reaction score
Long story short we have been using KY to try to conceive. I just learned that KY is bad for sperm. We have been trying every other day for the past week. I'm freaking out right now. What if I got pregnant and the sperm is defective? KY can immobilize or alter the DNA of the sperm. What if we ended up hurting our baby to be and it's born with some sort of disfigurement or mental disability just because we used the wrong lube?? Please don't think I'm shallow for worrying over this but I can't help it. I already have anxiety and all this baby stuff isn't helping.

I totally understand! I'm worried about our lube too. We haven't conceived in 5 months of trying but almost always use lube. We are cutting out the lube but most likely the lube won't hurt a baby you conceive- it just might not help your chances of getting there. No one around here carries PreSeed so I'm going to have to make a trip out of town to get it.

Try preseed. It's a sperm friendly lube. Ky will kill the sperm and you just wont conceive.

As far as I know, there's no connection between KY and birth defects, more likely what that means is altering the DNA to make the sperm less viable, meaning you won't get pregnant. Trust me, loads of people still get pregnant using KY, but if you are actively trying, there's no reason to use something that's going to make that more difficult. We used Conceive Plus last time and I got pregnant the 2nd month. We'll do the same this time and hoping it's as easy. I wouldn't worry, but I would just try something different next month if you aren't already pregnant.

I totally understand! I'm worried about our lube too. We haven't conceived in 5 months of trying but almost always use lube. We are cutting out the lube but most likely the lube won't hurt a baby you conceive- it just might not help your chances of getting there. No one around here carries PreSeed so I'm going to have to make a trip out of town to get it.

It might be cheaper if you get PreSeed off amazon. If you have a CVS near you, they should carry it too.

I agree, I think the concern with traditional lubes is that they just make it that much harder for the sperm to survive or meet up with the egg. All it really means is that it might lower your chances of getting pregnant at all, but I doubt it would hurt or affect a pregnancy that DOES occur. PreSeed is a great lube and we got a BFP our first time trying it.

Try preseed, it's great! Although I am still ttc, no bfp yet..but at least i know preseed won't harm the sperm.

To ease any worries, we got pregnant 3 times using KY! 2 healthy little munchkins and a mc. It doesn't stop everyone from getting pregnant :). Or else it would be marketed as a contraceptive lol! Just maybe not the most friendly for sperm. I'm guessing if you're both healthy and dh has a good sperm count it really won't stop you from conceiving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->