Luciano, my little rockstar - 04/04/09

Jelly Bean

Queen and little prince
Reaction score
There is nothing much more to say than that I had a fantastic birth experience and that you don't know love until you hold your baby in your arms and look at his little face and hear his little sighs and smacking sounds.

I was wheeled into the OR for the C-section at about 8:30 AM, mum was with me - DH very squeamish so we had already decided that in advance, cried a little when I said good-bye but it all happened so quickly and I was so interested to be in an OR for the first time that I was distracted like a little kid and stopped crying :dohh:

Epidural went in fine, after about 15 minutes of trying (which is really not bad), and felt divine. He was born at 9:16 AM, there was no discomfort during the surgery except for the final pulling out of his body, which felt like I couldn't get air into my lungs for about ten seconds. My team of doctors and nurses was amazing and I was even laughing and smiling during the surgery.

The best part was hearing him cry. By far. I kept asking everyone if he was all right. They pressed his little cheek next to mine for a few seconds (soooo beautiful, I felt like I was dreaming looking at him) and then they took him off.

Recovery was delicious, I had about four blankets on top of me for the shivers, mum holding my hand, feeling on top of the world.

Real pain set in afterwards but the nurses took great care of me. Luciano had to be monitored in the neonatal unit for most of his first day because he was breathing funny at first, but they gave him to me at 11 PM "for keeps".

The roughest day in terms of the pain was the second (the day I was released), the third was much better and today I'm feeling quite good. I just feel so grateful everything went well. :happydance:

Oh and he weighed 7 lbs. and measured 19 inches. He's perfectly healthy.

And now for the fun part:

https://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww180/jellybeans1987/LUCIANO.jpg

https://i717.photobucket.com/albums/ww180/jellybeans1987/LUCIANO2.jpg

Aww he is just gorgeous hun! Glad you had an enjoyable experience and youre feeling better already! All the best! xxx

Aww hun he is so gorgeous and his hair is amazing, take care :hugs: XX

OMG how cute is he and what gorgeous hair!
Congratulations x

congratulations!! wow look at that head of hair!!

Gorgeous! An what a mop of hair! x

Congratulations hun, hes gorgeous and has beautiful hair! x

Look at all that hair....gorgeous!!! Huge congrats to you all!

what a handsome chap !!!!!! gosh and all that hair is gorgeous !!!!

Congratulations hun! check out that hair - what a beauty xxx

Look at all that hair!! I love it!! Congrats he is so handsome!

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that you had such a great experience and you are feeling so much better after your c-section. Your little man is just gorgeous and I love his hair, just beautiful.

Congratulations again xxoo

Awww.w.... he is so cute! And gorgeous hair! The C-section sounds good. I want one! lol...

He is beautiful x congrats x

Glad everything went ok, he is adorable, loads of hair! :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->