Lump in Breast

Nomis mummy

Reaction score
About 5 weeks ago, I discovered a lump in my left breast close to the nipple (under the nipple). Its about the size of a malteser, firm and I can kind of move it about slightly (I think - or it could be the size of my breast, which makes skin move and not the actual lump move). I went to see my GP and I have been referred to the breast clinic at my local hospital. I have been told that its most likely a blocked milk duct, but I am still scared!!!! I just want to hear from ladies who have been in a similar situation.

Also, what can I expect to happen at the breast clinic? I would be grateful for any feedback.

Hi there, at the breast clinic you will have a chat with a doctor and an examination, then either a mammogram or ultrasound, then another chat to talk about the results. In terms of what the lump is, it could be a blocked milk duct, it could be a cyst or something called a fibroadenoma. A fibroadenoma is a non cancerous lump, smooth to the touch and can move under the skin. They are common under the nipple too. Cancerous lumps tend to be rougher and not move at all. Hope everything goes well for you, if you have any questions feel free, I have to have regular checks at the breast clinic because I have multiple fibroadenoma's, including one removal :)

Hi there, at the breast clinic you will have a chat with a doctor and an examination, then either a mammogram or ultrasound, then another chat to talk about the results. In terms of what the lump is, it could be a blocked milk duct, it could be a cyst or something called a fibroadenoma. A fibroadenoma is a non cancerous lump, smooth to the touch and can move under the skin. They are common under the nipple too. Cancerous lumps tend to be rougher and not move at all. Hope everything goes well for you, if you have any questions feel free, I have to have regular checks at the breast clinic because I have multiple fibroadenoma's, including one removal :)

Thanks for this

I know how worrying this can be :hugs:

I found a lump a couple of years ago, I'm only young so a lot of people said it wouldn't be anything to worry about but I still panicked so much and went to the doctors they referred me to the breast clinic. The doctors were lovely, they scanned my breast and measured the lump ect.. Mine turned out to be just a cyst & that it should go but if it grows bigger to go back and now I can't find it so I think it's gone. I was terrified but it turned out to be nothing to worry about.

I hope everything is good for you too! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->