Lumpy is here....quite detailed, very long maybe TMI..

Whisper

Mummy to DD & DS
Reaction score
Well i guess i will start at going in to hospital on Tuesday evening around 8.30pm to be induced. I was excited at the thoughts of meeting my princess but thought perhaps she would be here by Thursday at the earliest....how wrong was i?!

I got settled in bed and they eventually put the pessary thing in around 11pm...hubby went home not expecting any results with the first one. Well 11.30pm started getting mild niggly period type pains, tried to sleep but they were too painful. Watch a bit of tv and eventually got up to have a bath (they have the weirdest biggest tubs in the hospital!), the bath was lovely but gave me constant back ache and the period pains were coming every 2mins now.

Went back to bed and was given some pethidine to help me relax and dilate ( i was in labour now if you hadn't guessed lol i still wasn't quite convinced though) About 4.30am the pethidine started to really wear off and OMG contractions are soo painful but...i was coping ok just breathing through.

At 6.30am i was examined and found to be already 4-5cm dilated (midwives were impressed that things happened so quick, apparently a couple of ladies had already been in for 2days with nothing :( ) I moved over to delivery after hubby arrived, by now the contractions were out of this world, the only way to describe the pain is being run over by a truck every 2mins!!!

By this point i was desperate for some pain relief, i did try gas and air but it made me feel so completely out of it (kind of like just before you pass out) and the pain was still there. I asked for an epidural at 7am, they said ok but needed to find something for it as they had lost whatever it was. I thought they were trying to make me not have one by making stuff up about being busy and losing stuff, turns out they were telling the truth (labour makes you think all sorts of weird stuff lol) got my epi at 8.30am....by god that is good stuff!! I felt the needle going in but it really didnt hurt in comparision to a contraction. Well recommended!!

Had to wait for my cervix to do its thing and started pushing at 4pm, this was really hard i couldn't feel where to push after 1hr 30mins the doctor came in and said i should have a section as the baby wasn't descending, but she wasn't distressed either so i said i would try pushing a bit more, i did and managed another 1hr30mins, but she wasn't down far enough and they wanted her out at this point, so it was off to theatre for my dreaded c-section.

This part was pretty scary to be honest, got some more pain relief but i could still feel a bit on my right side, they managed to numb it just enough and got her out, hearing her cry was the best sound in the world :cloud9: and she was handed to her dad for a cuddle.

I started feeling pain and they put under a general straight away to finish things off, so all this next part i didn't know about until after.

Apparently with my extra pushing i wedged her head into my pelvis she came out elbow first and they had to turn her inside my stomach ( yuck ), i then lost 2litres of blood and somehow they lost 2x 20inch clamp things so had to xray me pretty quick to make sure they were not inside (the midwife took them outside by mistake!) Apparently c-sections should take around 40-50mins but i was in theatre for nearly 3hours!!
Sooo...that was my birth experience pretty horrific tbh i had to have a blood transfusion and dont plan on repeating any of it anytime soon, although i will be pregnant again in the future, just not for a while!

Now the good stuff, my precious little angel....born offically at 7.22pm weighing in at a hefty 9lb 10.ozs.
53cm long (21inches). She is soooo gorgeous and worth every ounce of pain.
I will add some pictures later they are on a different pc.

Sorry if its been a long read but i did warn ya...lol

:D

God I'd be terrified if they told me to have a C-Section, I know anything is possible mind... The idea of a C-Section scares me more than usual birth, I'm not feeling scared of that at all.

Congrats on the baby, I bet you're so proud...

I hope you heal and get back to normal health soon.

Wow what a story :) CONGRATS XxX

Congratulations hun, sorry the birth was so horrific, i know how you feel to some extent. You did so well :hugs:

Cant wait to see pics

xx

wow what a story, you must have been terrified.

anyways glad you are both doing well congratulations.

congratulations hun, can't wait to see pics. My god that is one birth story

Wow...what a birth story!! Glad you're both ok, and congratulations!! :wohoo:

Can't wait to see pics :D x

Glad you and your lumpy are ok! Congrats!

Congrats! Cant wait to see some pics! That is quite the birth story too!

wow hunni what a story.
cant wait to see piccys of ur little one.
xxx

Wow, what a time you had!!! Hope you recover nice and quickly hun. Can't wait to see the pictures - enjoy your LO!!!:baby::hug:

Blumming ek! My worst fear is C section too as I have a fear of stitches... they constantly make me faint!

I am sure it was worth it though as you said.... congratulations xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"